Freediving in Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Helllo,
i am visiting Dubai for a couple weeks and would like to hit the water. I did a scuba dive last time I was here, but this time, I'm thinking about freediving. Arether eany shops that cater to freediving here?

Thanks

Not that I am aware of, what are you looking for exactly?

Just looking for someone or charter that caters to breath-hold diving. The scuba dive i did a few weeks ago off of The Atlantis on The Palm weren't too great, so i was hoping to at least get some apnea training in.

I hear the scuba is better off the east coast. Maybe I'll try that if I get enough down time from work.

Whether you are scuba- or freediving, I'd definitely recommend the East Coast: much more life (>930 species of fish) and better viz. You could get in touch with Alex from Freediving UAE; he's a really nice and knowledgeable AIDA instructor - maybe the club have something planned during your stay. His email is: contactus@freedivinguae.com

Enjoy your diving; with or without bubbles :wink:
Karin

Thanks Karin! Divers Down in Fujairah has been recommended to me for scuba. If I can manage some free time, I'll come visit!

Brilliant :) Just let me know if you need taxi transfer, hotel room (we get corporate rates) or anything else. I believe Alex is planning another freediver trip to our place in a couple of weeks - maybe it matches your itinerary. They had an awesome day here Friday (apart from a few cases of sunburn, amateurs haha)

Happy Sunday
Karin :D

Back
Top Bottom