Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redhunter

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am new to the sport of freediving and spearfishing as well new to the area. I have read a lot of older post and websites that say where not to go, but very few say where to go. I have a motorcycle and been riding to all sorts of waterways and lakes within a 50 mile radius of New Orleans and I can't really say that any of the places I have looked at seem clean or clear. I spent two hours riding around the South Shore of pontchartrain this afternoon and no where looks good to enter from the shore. Maybe, I just don't know what I'm looking at.

I also just got a hard on for Bowfish. I read somewhere that they are the origin of "cajun caviar". According to the regs, they are spearable. I might have to bust out the rod and get them the hard way. Catfish is on the hit list as well.

Please advise

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom