Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... except true true freedom just might mean dispensing with the backup 2nd stage.

And, maybe, using a J-valve, and dispensing with the AI transmitter.

And, maybe, using the reg (BA/156) in your avatar as your primary.

rx7diver
And maybe ditch the computer for a Bend-O-Matic. :yeahbaby:

And maybe ditch the computer for a Bend-O-Matic. :yeahbaby:
Well, if we're using a J-valve (on a steel 72) with our FP, then we really only "need" an analog depth gauge (B&G), a self-winding watch, an analog compass, and (submersible) tables, right? I mean, if we're discussing "true freedom" ...

I pitched the idea of a "Classic Diver" certification to a friend here (owns my LDS) a couple of weeks ago. I thought that training should include double-hose regulators, too. And, maybe spearfishing, too. Would get divers diving relatively cheaply. He didn't think today's MO/AR divers would go for it.

rx7diver

Well, if we're using a J-valve (on a steel 72) with our FP, then we really only "need" an analog depth gauge (B&G), a self-winding watch, an analog compass, and (submersible) tables, right? I mean, if we're discussing "true freedom" ...

I pitched the idea of a "Classic Diver" certification to a friend here (owns my LDS) a couple of weeks ago. I thought that training should include double-hose regulators, too. And, maybe spearfishing, too. Would get divers diving relatively cheaply. He didn't think today's MO/AR divers would go for it.

rx7diver
What are MO/AR divers?

Hey everyone. I am thinking about getting back into diving after an 8 year hiatus and wanted to know if these backplates are still made? I had one when I lived in CA before I stopped diving and it was stolen from me. It was the best backplate set up I ever used and would love to get one again if possible

The freedom plate assemblies shown are really impressive. Congratulations to all of you.

Back
Top Bottom