FreeScubaGear.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah and more honest.

Speaking for myself, when I see a "bait and switch" like yours, I give it the mental middle finger and close the browser tab.

:rofl3:

I hope one day we get together to dive. I always enjoy your posts.

Anytime dude.

Give me a shout when you're in NY.

Long ways away but you never know. Thanks.

The website 1) draws you in with a "teaser" that is "free scuba gear" and 2) very clearly and immediately states what the promotion is all about--a chance to win a new gear package if you book a trip. From that point of view it is a success. In a tough economy someone is trying to build business. Guess I can't fault them for that. And since it is under "Scuba Industry News" it seems to be filed in the appropriate sector.

The website 1) draws you in with a "teaser" that is "free scuba gear" and 2) very clearly and immediately states what the promotion is all about--a chance to win a new gear package if you book a trip. From that point of view it is a success. In a tough economy someone is trying to build business. Guess I can't fault them for that. And since it is under "Scuba Industry News" it seems to be filed in the appropriate sector.

In a tough economy there are scams everywhere. People selling things that don't work, people ripping off other people by deceiving them in some fashion in an attempt to get them to believe something that isn't true.

I fault them for that.

If you're going to hold a raffle for Scuba Gear with a chance to win with every purchase, then say that. Not "Free Gear" which implies that a person who visits the site will get something for nothing.

Then again I hold honesty and integrity in high regard. You apparently feel that it's ok to do whatever it takes to get someone's attention so that you can convince them to spend their money on something you're selling, especially when it's a "tough economy".

You're free to call what we're doing whatever you want, and meanwhile, we're free to make our web site URL whatever we want. Thanks again for your feedback.

as long as it doesn't involve the US Mail, which takes a dim view of such things.

That's false advertising.

Yes of course it is, and he's probably wasting his own time as well as anyone else who clicks that link thinking they're going to get something for nothing, but every time someone posts on this thread all we're doing is giving the guy free business promotion, which is why I've stayed off this thread, and I'm going to unsubscribe to it after I hit the reply button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom