Fresh diver here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessepcvfd6

Registered
Reaction score
Hey so I recently took my written portion for my basic open water cert.

I haven't had a real dive yet, besides pool and rock quarry, and I'm just trying to get into the community and get all the advice I can from veteran divers.

Little about myself. I'm 25 and I'm a new diver for my counties rescue squad. I plan on taking my education to the highest level of scuba diving. I joined this forum to get any advice I can from people other than my instructor ( I like knowing many opinions).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope we can talk soon!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

howdy and welcome from south Florida....rock quarries count as real dives .....good luck on your diving future.

Hey jesse,

Welcome. Sometimes rock quarry divers and inland divers tend to be more serious about this sport. So they can really count.

This board gets people from all over the world. Update your profile to show what location in the world you are from and you'll probably hear from people local to you. If you have good local dive clubs they tend to have a different perspective on things then people from dive shops.

Before you go professional (Divemaster or higher) you want to talk to some people here about the pros and cons of the situation. Where you go pro also makes a difference as well.

Hey jesse,

Welcome. Sometimes rock quarry divers and inland divers tend to be more serious about this sport. So they can really count.

This board gets people from all over the world. Update your profile to show what location in the world you are from and you'll probably hear from people local to you. If you have good local dive clubs they tend to have a different perspective on things then people from dive shops.

Before you go professional (Divemaster or higher) you want to talk to some people here about the pros and cons of the situation. Where you go pro also makes a difference as well.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Welcome to SB jessepcvfd6! Not sure where you are located but feel free to PM me with any questions you have concerning public safety diving. I have been a PSD for 6 years and can hopefully steer you in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom