Frogs Diving experience St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BK64

Registered
Reaction score
Time to write a small review of our experience with Tommy and staff at Frogs diving in St Lucia.First I will say this is our personal experience and I know some people will agree some will disagree but this is my opinion. We didn't stay at the Harmony suites where Frogs is located but in Marigot Bay which was closer to the diving in the south.Frogs would pick us up at our dock the we would have a 15to30 minute boat ride to the dive sites.Frogs alternated everyday to where they were diving one day at the Piton sites the next at Anse Cochon area sites.In the month we were there we didn't dive with any other op so I won't specualate on any other op.
The boat basically standard for a small operator aprox 26' twin out boards giant strid off one side and board by ladder on the other.Dive master gave a clear briefing as well as stating leave the reef as we found it,but pick up anything that shouldn't be there.Tim our usual dive master was great laid back guy who would help anyone and was attentive to any nubie's who were on board.We had anywhere from 5-12 divers on board but probably averaged 8.Tim wanted to make sure we didn't repeat any of our dive sites when we were on board and if we did he always pulled me aside before to see if I was alright with it.Bruce the boat Captain was a great guy good sense of humour and kept the mood light.Made a great sandwhich for our surface interval which was usually accompanied with bananas,greatfruit and cookies.Tommy the owner only came out when he was certifing people(away from us) and after Tim broke his ankle in a motorcycle accident.
The diving in general was OK to good but there were some great moments.Also some of the reefs are in poor shape like never dive Turtle reef it is basically dead to the point I said to Tommy that should be a free dive.
Tommy and crew never wanted us to change out our tanks they just wanted us relax,even though some of us anal people had to do our own.They did keep our gear after everyday and rinsed for us as we didn't have any storage. Now they kept very good care of it and rinsed thourghly as I leave things in my BC pockets and they were always cleaned out.
Now some of the negatives.All dives were to be 40-45 minutes even though we did stay down longer on a few instances.My understanding is this is the norm for all operators on the island although I have no confirmation of this.No head on the boat and this did bother some of the divers.The temp dive master that filled in for Tim and Tommy seemed to be fairly new, and could of used a computer or bottomtimer.
Any questions feel to ask.I will end that if we ever go back I will be diving with Frogs.

thanks you helped me decide to dive with Frogs. a response from Tommy on an e-mail made me laugh and i already know he's the guy.
diverjean

I dove with Frog,s and Scuba Steve,s in feb 09-tommy and frog,s are definetly the "guy,s" to dive with on St. Lucia by far the best of the small operators.

Have you been diving elsewhere in the Lesser Antilles? How does St. Lucia compare to, say, B.V.I.'s?

Also, how does St. Lucia diving compare generally to the known meccas such as Cozumel and Bonaire?

Have you been diving elsewhere in the Lesser Antilles? How does St. Lucia compare to, say, B.V.I.'s?

Also, how does St. Lucia diving compare generally to the known meccas such as Cozumel and Bonaire?

Can only say that BVI (HMS Rhone) was real special dive. Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia was very enjoyable diving. Cozumel is just flat pretty! Wins hands down.:D

I dove once with scuba steve,s (first dive in st lucia) and then 6 times with frog,s- I think that say,s it all-completely different diving than coz or bonaire or bahamas, key west etc If i was vacationing just to dive it would not be my first pick but its a beautiful island with great diving.

oldfindog (love that)
thanks for your input about frogs. i've really gotten some good vibes from the e-mails tommy has sent. i'm ready to go. actually the reason i'm hitting st. lucia pretty much is for the diving. i'm pretty psyched to do some bike riding too.

diverjean

dive curacao! all shore all the time. also, the island is not just for tourists. there's alot of industry and businesses there so it's more built up and has a tremendous history. they synagogue in Willemsted is the oldest continously used synagogue in the western hemisphere. the museums and forts take you back in time, and on a clear day from Christoffel you can see Bonaire

Back
Top Bottom