From Larry to Debra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
Debra a Candle
My life is certainly not brilliant, but it can destroy the darkness,
I don't produce a great heat; but I offer a gentle warmth.

Quite often my presence is relatively unnoticed.
I flicker and burn quietly

I am small now, but I can become a devouring demon,
leaving only ashes and tears.

I am aware of my potential power, to rage, white hot, out of control,
I choose instead, to be, just a candle
to give you warmth and light.

Changing constantly, knowing that eventually, I will melt away, leaving behind a warmth that once was me, and the memory that I existed.
From Larry to Debra.

Larry, my thoughts go out to you and yours as you grieve for the loss of your wife, dive buddy, and pillar of your association. I'll light a candle for Debra here in Thailand.

Debra a Candle
My life is certainly not brilliant, but it can destroy the darkness,
I don't produce a great heat; but I offer a gentle warmth.

Quite often my presence is relatively unnoticed.
I flicker and burn quietly

I am small now, but I can become a devouring demon,
leaving only ashes and tears.

I am aware of my potential power, to rage, white hot, out of control,
I choose instead, to be, just a candle
to give you warmth and light.

Changing constantly, knowing that eventually, I will melt away, leaving behind a warmth that once was me, and the memory that I existed.
From Larry to Debra.

That's beautiful. My deepest condolences.

That is a very nice poem you wrote for her. Hold on to the great memories. I am sorry for your loss.

My prayers go out for you and your family.

Keep her alive in your heart. Take it from someone who has been there that even after two years it does not get better. Just more different is the best way to describe it. You incorporate it into your life and accept it and though it does not get better it gets easier. The hole never gets filled. But ones you did not know you had will. I will not even try to say I know how you feel because I don't. And neither does anyone else. Because they are not you. Your feelings are unique to you and you alone. Others can listen and sympathize but they cannot tell you how exactly to deal with what will come. We can make suggestions and it is then up to you to try them or not. I do know that for me the diving community supported me more than I could imagine. The on line diving friends still check in and ask me how I am. My deepest sympathies on your loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom