From today's AOL news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by dvleemin

So do guns fire under water?? :wink:

Assuming the ammunition didn't leak water into the powder;
and there is enough air for the powder to burn. The back-pressure from the water in the barrel "may" slow the bullet enough to cause the weapon explode in the area of the action. (Sounds good anyhow).:wink:

Kwelser:
Water guns - I love it! LOL

Jarhead

There was quite a discussion about firing guns underwater some time back. Perform a search and look for the author "blacknet"

It was quite interesting and very informative.

ID

do you remember the gun in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? Compressed air fired a sphere of glass which contained an electrical charge.

Originally posted by Iguana Don
There was quite a discussion about firing guns underwater some time back. Perform a search and look for the author "blacknet"

It was quite interesting and very informative.

ID

I went back and starting reading and get the wierdest thoughts linking that thread with todays headlines.

Yeah I can see it now.. Scuba Police underwater. What will they think of next.

Ryan Stone
IDCS

Diveshop operators should be very wary of people looking to learn how to decend but not ascend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom