From Washington, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JUMP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings SB,

I am a young sportsman from Western Washington, recently graduated from the UW for mechanical engineering. I have been diving for about two years, with just shy of two-dozen successful outings under my belt... though with my school schedule gone, I am hoping to spend more time diving.

Growing up, I always loved being on, under, or adjacent to the water. I used to exhale deeply to sink myself in the shallows of some lake to watch milfoil sway, and I would wish I could stay down there forever. My favorite Bond movie has always been Thunderball for that fight scene at the end. When I went to figure out what I wanted to do after high school, I thought I was going to be a deep sea welder.

Of course, I ended up being talked out of the hard hat stuff by a diver for NOAA (the dad of a friend of mine), and decided to become an ME instead. Glad I did that, but I set my interest in diving aside for a few years--until a few Falls ago, where me an a buddy got our OW and AOW certs.

Now (when my buddies are available), I get to live out that childhood dream to see fish and explore the deep blue... even if it's mostly green here.

Nice to be here, looking forward to reading lots.

- JM

Welcome to SB! The Seattle area is a great place to be a diver. I haven't dived there, but seeing wolf eels and the Giant Pacific Octopus are on my bucket list.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Hope you get in plenty of good dive trips.

Richard.

Greetings from Bellingham! Welcome to the board. Don't let the negativity get to you.

Welcome to Scubaboard. As I’m sure you know, there is a very vibrant and active dive community here in Seattle with several regular weekly dives around the area. Feel free to DM me if you want information on some of the local dive groups.

And Go Dawgs! (Electrical Engineering, 1990)

Back
Top Bottom