Front Trim Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pook-60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy Scott

First...really enjoying the Ranger. It's been a great BC for me.

I've purchased a drysuit and in my attempts to trim for a horizontal profile I've found I need more weight with my equipment configuration. So...I bought Zeagle pockets from my LDS which fit a 2" web (see attached pix). Problem is, it appears I have to cut the threads attaching the 2" strap to the shoulder harness, install the trim pockets in what appears to be a sideways orientation (I expected verticle given the velcro drop flaps) then re-sew the straps back on. I've also included a picture of where I want to install the pockets (the right shoulder harness is pictured...want to do the same on the left).

Is this correct? It strikes me that as modular as every other piece of the Ranger is (with key use of velcro) that either I'm not looking at this the right way or my LDS ordered the wrong trim pockets.

TX
Dane
Zeagle Weight Pockets.JPG

Zeagle Strap Location.JPG

I'm not a Zeagle expert, but I do not think those are designed or meant to go on a shoulder strap......rather on the waist strap where the buckles can be unthreaded and slide on the webbing that way.

Those appear to be the proper trim pockets. The Ranger probably isn't the best to use with a dry suit... But, I'll be using my Ranger LTD next weekend with mine for a single tank dive. No, those pockets don't go on the web on the vest. Those would go on the tank band. You might consider a correct tank height on your bcd.. check that... moving the tank up will alter your trim. The folks at Zeagle seem to be the best. Scott will likely answer this thread on Monday.

Unfortunately, your LDS may not have understood your issue completely.

If you still want to install them on the harness, then check on this page for an alternate http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/weights.shtml either the attachable weight or the sexbolts. I don't know that Zeagle has anything that would allow you to connect the weight at that location without significant modification. You could however send your Ranger to Zeagle and they would put the trim pouch(s) there for you in a safe and secure manner.

Pook-60,

To my knowledge Zeagle does not make anything specific for mounting a trim pocket to the shoulder straps.

But there are two options that come to mind.

1. Use the pockets you showed with the universal mounting attachments... cable ties... to wrap around the verticle shoulder straps. This allows your easy weight removal.

2. Since it's only trim weight, you could mount a small hard weight on the strap directly, w/o any pocket... again with cable ties.

I'd advise test diving any of the above in a pool first.

Chad
FL Zeagle rep.

jackeadams:
Those appear to be the proper trim pockets. The Ranger probably isn't the best to use with a dry suit... But, I'll be using my Ranger LTD next weekend with mine for a single tank dive. No, those pockets don't go on the web on the vest. Those would go on the tank band. You might consider a correct tank height on your bcd.. check that... moving the tank up will alter your trim. The folks at Zeagle seem to be the best. Scott will likely answer this thread on Monday.
Yup...I see your point on the tank bands...and what Tamas says is true too in that these could just as easily go on a weight belt. I shifted my steel 95 (8" diameter) as high as I can and I'm knocking my cranium pretty good against the first stage so I've exhausted that option for center of gravity shift.

jackeadams:
If you still want to install them on the harness, then check on this page for an alternate http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/weights.shtml either the attachable weight or the sexbolts. I don't know that Zeagle has anything that would allow you to connect the weight at that location without significant modification. You could however send your Ranger to Zeagle and they would put the trim pouch(s) there for you in a safe and secure manner.
Excellent site...if Scott doesn't carry a pocket for me then this looks like a great option

Chad Carney:
But there are two options that come to mind.

1. Use the pockets you showed with the universal mounting attachments... cable ties... to wrap around the verticle shoulder straps. This allows your easy weight removal.

2. Since it's only trim weight, you could mount a small hard weight on the strap directly, w/o any pocket... again with cable ties.

I'd advise test diving any of the above in a pool first.

Said like a true aircraft maintainer! If I lose out on the pocket options this is a player Chad...thanks.

Howdy...just an update on what solution I used...

XS Scuba made a trim pocket that "velcroed" right onto the 2" straps at the clavicles. Good product but frankly I'd go out of my way to buy a like Zeagle trim pocket if they made 'em (I really like their quality).

http://www.divesports.com/mall/xsscuba_acc_WB101QAweightpocket.asp

Dane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom