Frustrated! Need help with a location.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe not the fanciest all-inclusive around, and shore not a good option, it does answer everything else you are looking for. Plus they have sailboats, windsurfers and kayaks if you are so inclined.

Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

They have a very nice beach, a very nice snorkeling reef about 100 yards out (and clearly marked) in about 10 feet of water.

Food is fair (I'm super picky) and accommodations pretty nice. There are some great deals on this location if you know where to look for them.

Club Meds aren't exactly thought of as diving destinations, but a few of them are designed specifically to include diving as part of the operation. We have been to 2, the one on Turks and Caicos and Columbus Isle in the Bahamas. The Club Meds are all-inclusive and offer a variety of activities, including snorkeling. Diving costs extra. We have been to a number of places just for diving, but are headed back to the Club Med at Turks and Caicos precisely because it offers a fun variety of things both for divers (my wife and me) and non-divers (the couple going with us). Shore diving is not likely, however.

I was thinking of Roatan (Anthony's Key, Fantasy Island, CoCoView). Diving would be good, but I wonder if the surface folks would get bored.

A friend went to Costa Rica. There the topside activities ruled. I don't know details on where she stayed.

IMExperience(see my public profile), Roatan would get boring to non-divers......

Check out Turneffe Island Lodge in Belize. It's a fishing (serious anglers only! from what I saw)/diving resort. When I was there in April 2005, there was a mix of fishermen, divers and snorkellers. The snorkelling is very good and near the island. A guide always went with the snorkellers. He might even be able to help the person terrified by water. We had one woman (wife of a diver) who was terrified of the water and she enjoyed her week on the island. I put a recent post about Turneffe Island Lodge, but I'm not sure how to put the link in this message so if you search on the name, you should find that post. Nice relaxing place. Everything is included with the exception of drinks.

Go to Cozumel and stay at Hotel Cozumel. It is all inclusive including alcohol. Food was fine, although the desserts looked better than they tasted. HEY! You'll lose weight if you don't eat them. There is plenty to do besides dive for the nondivers. There is decent snorkeling. Close to U.S. and not expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom