Frustrated trying to get parts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most interesting Bro, and the prices are right too. So we're all set regarding o-rings:
  • -010: HP seal, critical: Polyurethane 90 or Viton 90
  • -011, -013, -015: HP side: these are static: Viton 90
Now regarding that -902: I've done so far 2-3 plastic and 1 brass orifices with -010 EP 70 without any trouble at all: beginner's luck?

Last edited:
Most interesting Bro, and the prices are right too. So we're all set regarding o-rings:
  • -010: HP seal, critical: Polyurethame 90 or Viton 90
Now regarding that -902: I've done so far 2-3 plastic and 1 brass orifices with -010 EP 70 without any trouble at all: beginner's luck?

My experience is that a SP #-132 is a 2-010 and is what is called for on the plastic orifice. The SP #-293 is called for on a metal orifice and it seems to be a 2-902. The 2-010 will often work (install) OK on a metal orifice (they are only so slightly different, same ID and .06 mm in thickness). I had a friends older G250 that cut a -010 when I tried to install it. The other problem, which you will likely experience in the future is when you try to remove that metal orifice with the -010. It will be tight enough that it will probably take quite a bit of force to push it out after the threads are clear. Going in was no problem because you were pushing on the back of the orifice. To remove it, you will be pushing on the business end of the orifice with that fine, sharp knife edge. I used a piece of eraser to protect the edge from damage and a plastic dowel to do the pushing. It will take a bit of caution and just the right diameter eraser as you will have to push it a good ways for the o-ring to clear the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not beginner's luck....The duro 70 being softer usually works, but as Awap said, getting that puppy out is where the @#$% comes in. Like Awap's friend, I damaged a couple of -010 installing brass orifices. I also also ran into the problem of extracting the orifice on a couple of 109s I decided to upgrade to BAs.

c

• -010: HP seal, critical: Polyurethane 90 or Viton 90

Back
Top Bottom