Frustrated trying to get parts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any luck on the table yet you could always upload it as just a file for people to download i would be interested and im sure a lot of other people would :)

... And still no source for EPDM duro 90 o-rings! :depressed:

... And still no source for EPDM duro 90 o-rings! :depressed:

Well, no convenient, online source. I'm sure we could find a Parker Seals distributor and get them. But the price would be a bit steep. If you are interested, I could look around and see what I can find. Maybe a group buy. Anyone else interested??

10 years ago when I first got started, I made my first o-ring buy from such a distributor. Viton and Urethane o-rings. Some were a bit pricey (like $1 each for urethane duro 90 2-010 HP piston o-rings), but they were top quality. I'm still usiong some o-rings from that order.

Thanks for volunteering, awap!
A group buy would be a great idea; I'm in even though I still have a small stash of the more critical ones, -010 & -011, so I'm good through the next service.

I think the usual sizes are:
  • -010: All, HP piston stem (you said PU is better, so PU is what I have)
  • -011: MK20 seat & MK10/20 filter retainer
  • -013: MK10 washer substitute
  • -015: MK10 seat retainer (I think this one is squashed, so Duro 70 might work)
  • -111?: DIN
Forgot anything?

I think I'm good on o-rings for now, but here are a few more to consider.

-008 G250 Viva stem & MK 2 piston stem
-902 most orifices
-014 G250 jam nut
-016 G250 barrel
-017 Mk 10 piston head & turret
-022 Mk 2/5/7/ piston head
-117 MK 10 swivel cap to body seal

2.2 mm i.d. x 1.0mm c.s s-wing poppets

c

I see that you teach as a Private Contractor with two dive stores. What kind of relationship have you got with these people? If you have the credentials and they can see that you a part of their staff I would think that they would sell you the parts. IF you have brought up the subject before then it may be time to work out a deal with the said store to replace your equipment and use the lines they carry and negotiatewith them the ability to repair and get parts for the equipment.

I see it as a two way street. You help them sell their equipment while you teach and they help you save a buck by repairing your own equipment. If you want to be totally independent then I would suggest that you do buy equipment that you can repair. If this said equipment is not sold by the said dives stores you teach for, I think you will not get too much business from them.

Just my 2 cents,
Jim

couv my brother, sorry I didn't make it clear: the ones I mentioned are EPDM Duro 90 and they're hard to get.

Most of the ones on your list, with the exception of the MK2 stem, are on the LP side and can be Duro 70. They're easy to mail order, and my stash will probably outlast me. Btw, there's also the -003 for the SPG.

eelpout: the idea is to avoid paying a large premium to the LDS and the manufacturer; otherwise we could buy original kits off eBay for $30-40 a shot.

Nitrile is also an option, with some uncertainties regarding its O2 tolerance. Any new thinking along this line?

couv my brother, sorry I didn't make it clear: the ones I mentioned are EPDM Duro 90 and they're hard to get.

Most of the ones on your list, with the exception of the MK2 stem, are on the LP side and can be Duro 70. They're easy to mail order, and my stash will probably outlast me. Btw, there's also the -003 for the SPG.

eelpout: the idea is to avoid paying a large premium to the LDS and the manufacturer; otherwise we could buy original kits off eBay for $30-40 a shot.

Nitrile is also an option, with some uncertainties regarding its O2 tolerance. Any new thinking along this line?

That had me wondering also. I'm headed for Bonaire next week but I'll get shopping when I get back.

I have been using duro 70s on all my Mk5/7/10 HP seat and the SPG spindle with no problems. The old purple o-ring on those HP seats feels quite soft. I suspect the 003 in duro 90 might be a real bear to install - the duro 70/75 is difficult enough. Even the o-ring on my old Mk20 seats feels like a duro 70/75. Only the HP piston o-ring in my BP 1sts feels like a high (90) duro o-ring.

The only high duro o-rings I have in my spares are the 010s for the piston stems.

I know some of you don't like Viton because one person-one time, posted a statement about Viton not holding up to oxygen or abrasion well. He is a deservedly well liked and very knowledgably person on Scuba Board and his opinion carries a lot of weight. However, I suspect he got a bad batch or something else went awry in his experience with them. FKM (Viton) tends to be more consistent from batch to batch in hardness, it usually cost about the same as EPDM, and it's easier to find in duro 90. Google M83248 which is military grade FKM, then /-1 for duro 70 or /2 for duro 90. So a part number for a military grade 90 duro -010 Viton o-ring would look something like this: M83248/2-010

I usually order my o-rings from O-rings,Inc. See this link for FKM duro 90 o-rings http://www.oringsusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_516_67&osCsid=5n0lvn00i5fg71tjt4lc1e4pk4 <http://www.oringsusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_516_67&osCsid=5n0lvn00i5fg71tjt4lc1e4pk4>

By the way, like Awap, the only o-ring in a regulator I'm really concerned about getting a 90 duro is the piston stem, but to keep things simple I use them almost everywhere except on the second stage orifice and SPG spool.

c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom