FS - Old Manifolds - Just Found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The LP 85 is a god tank, it is larger and heavier than the venerable and irreplaceable 72. I have two Faber LP 85s, both are 7.0 diameter.

N

I was referring to the worthington LP85 as it is actually available new.

I neglected to mention the OMS 85 (made by Faber) - it is very close to the ideal and is neutral when empty. However as far as I know it is not available at present. For that matter I currently can't get any tanks from OMS.

In terms of new tanks, the options are Faber and Worthington, and I wish Faber would make or distribute more of some of the great tank sizes they used to sell. Some Worthington tanks tend to run a little heavy in comparison to Fabers of similar size.

----

Steel 72's are made to the same 3AA engineering standards as other 3AA low pressure tanks and they have all have a test pressure 5/3rds (1.67 times) their service pressure. 2400 psi LP tanks that are routinely "cave filled" to 3600 psi in cave country and that is 1.5 times their rated pressure. Using the same 1.5 times the service pressure standard, a steel 72 would be filled to 3375 psi. I think that is a little much but 2700 psi gives you the same 77 cu ft as an AL80 at 3000 psi. and 3000 psi in a steel 72 gives you 86 cu ft.

I could be wrong but I think you can by the LP85 7.0 inch tank also new, right now.

N

Back
Top Bottom