Ft Lauderdale/Pompano Beach dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi ScubaBoard friends,

I will be attending a meeting and staying in Ft Lauderdale the 2nd week in June. I will have several days free for diving. I would really appreciate your suggestions regarding a dive operator. I am a reasonably experienced and skilled diver. I've done some diving in Jupiter and a fair amount in Key Largo but am unfamiliar with Ft Lauderdale/Pompano Bch.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions. I'm looking forward to this opportunity.

Good diving, Craig

Several free days to me means you can do two boats (four dives) on one day and Two boats another day.

For a complete tour and education about Florida diving, Reef, Critters, etc Drive a bit north to Boyton Beach to jump off Underwater Explorers AKA "Kev's Boat"

Hit some wrecks in Fort Lauderdale off of Parrot Island.

If you can only do one of these I'd do Underwater Explorers it is more like one of those.. My buddy has a boat and I flip him $60.00 for fuel we go out all the time he is a great guy" kinda deals, AS opposed to "take your ticket follow the loading gates to your left" Sign Overhead reads.. "Now boarding diver number 37" Your ticket reads Seat 52 Starboard Seat F ---

Hi Orlando Eric,

You guessed that right. I'd like to do 4 dives Sat 6/6 and 4 dives Sun 6/7. I'm still scheming on finding another half day or 2 during my meeting 6/8-10. Thanks for the information, I'll look into Parrot Island and Underwater Explorers. This is a good start.

More suggestions welcome.

Good diving, Craig

Fixed the links:

For a complete tour and education about Florida diving, Reef, Critters, etc Drive a bit north to Boyton Beach to jump off Underwater Explorers AKA "Kev's Boat"

Hit some wrecks in Fort Lauderdale off of Parrot Island.

FWIW, I'm a fan of Parrot Island Scuba, but IMO having their default webpage automatically play music is a little over the top. Hopefully, newer versions of browser software will begin to address this...

John B--- I aggree the hokey JB stuff makes me wretch. I hit the mute button which cuts off my OTEP playing in the other browser put I make it long enough to check out their scheledule.

Does Underwater Explorers rent tanks? Can I rinse my gear at their dock and store it there overnight?

All,

Thanks for the hints, looks like I have 2 good operators to look into, perhaps a day or more with each. Additional suggestions still welcome.

Good diving, Craig

Guess I lucked out, don't get the music on the Parrot Island website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom