Ft. Lauderdale small group diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcoem11

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are going on a trip to Ft. Lauderdale in May. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dive charter operation that is a small group of divers for a drift dive? Or a dive operation that they would recommend if a small boat group is not available?
Thanks

Ft. Lauderdale & Pompano are neighbors and serve about the same market areas if you have a car. There also are many different activities/hobbies in that section of Florida. You have photogs, Deep Tech Wreck, Spearo's, New divers, Fish counting enthusiasts, & more. You didn't list what you like to do while underwater, but if you post up a reply you'll get a better answer (kinda like asking 'where's good to eat"). That said......

2 suggestions. If you want a good all around small boat (if scheduled) Parrot Island dive charters has a small 6 pack boat for general types of tourist dives. They also have a big boat. Jerry is very good and he'll put spearos and photogs on the same boat and they never see each other underwater.

The 2nd suggestion might be alittle better for the limited information you gave. I'd call Force-E dive shop in Pompano and they will book you directly on a boat that will meet your hobbies, put you with people that dive like you like to dive, watch the weather and call you back if it's marginal for a small boat and rebook you on a larger boat.

As an example, I can handle big waves, I just need to know a boat that will go out in them. I'll call Force-E the day before, tell them I want to catch lobster and they will put me on a boat they know will blast through the inlet and suck it up for some aggressive dives. Likewise if you are tech photo divers and want to see some really cool stuff in 150+ they will ask you a series of questions to get a feel for the dives you would like to do and then will put you on the proper boat to match your expectations.

You didn't say when in May you were coming. Beginning of May can be a bit rough some days, but around Memorial Day it can be better than any dive you've ever done in your life.

Ok, little more information on what we are looking for. I had done a drift dive for advanced open water in West Palm a few years ago. Just a wonderful lets drift and look at fish dive. I would like my wife to experience the same, but not the pressure of 20 divers on a boat. We have done small 6 to 8 diver groups and both enjoy that the most.
Thanks for asking for clarification.

I would also suggest diving on a weekday when the boats are usually less crowded.

I'm a fan of Boynton Beach dives. There are a couple good ops there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom