Ft. Pickens this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and my buddy will be there about 9:30. Best we can do.

On the wall, ready to splash.

VIz much less today, 20-25 ft. about 45 minutes into dive got lit up by stinging jellies- head, face, legs. Still better than just laying in bed. :D

Excellent dives. My buddy was impressed. Lots of crabs. Burrfish. Spades. Scrawled cowfish. Octopus. Damsels. Frogfish. Etc. Oh and lotsa jellies but we dodged em

Cliff & I made it down there... We didn't have as good of luck as you guys finding stuff, I guess next time we should just tag along with another group but it was still a good time. I was surprised how many people were down there diving, is it like that every weekend?

Cliff & I made it down there... We didn't have as good of luck as you guys finding stuff, I guess next time we should just tag along with another group but it was still a good time. I was surprised how many people were down there diving, is it like that every weekend?

The secret to finding stuff is to hang around in one place and be still, letting your eyes adjust to the surroundings (and the camouflage many critters employ) and letting the critters and fishes adjust to your presence. Obviously some things are eye catching at first glance but my preferred way of diving is to putter around. Also, I don't know anything about your skills or experience but the less you have to focus on the mechanics of diving the more you can focus on the marine life around you.

The secret to finding stuff is to hang around in one place and be still, letting your eyes adjust to the surroundings (and the camouflage many critters employ) and letting the critters and fishes adjust to your presence. Obviously some things are eye catching at first glance but my preferred way of diving is to putter around. Also, I don't know anything about your skills or experience but the less you have to focus on the mechanics of diving the more you can focus on the marine life around you.

SO TRUE!!!!!
A very good lesson I learned diving with you Reefhound :D
I can spot all kinds of cool stuff now - I just don't cover a whole lot of ground while I'm under, but that's ok!

Yea, at least we got to get wet... Was fun! next time will be better now that we think we know where we went wrong...lol...
deff. would be cool to tag along with a group that knows the site.

thanks again Alindquist+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom