Ft Wetherhill Rhode Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started my dive at 8:28 and beat the crowd (in the water). Most of the divers seemed to be in groups or classes and most were in the parking lot gearing up etc. Boat Ramp cove flat calm. High tide. Water temp was a very comfortable 72. No tropicals but tons of fish. Bait fish schools in the shallows, small 5-12"black fish everywhere, scup, black sea bass, starfish, crabs. Skies were mostly clouded over the entire dive with some peaks of sun towards the end. The underwater landscape was beautiful. My dive was on the far wall with a max depth of 23'. First time I remember being able to be 12' or so on a 25' wall and being able to look down and see the sand bottom and looking up and seeing rocks along the surface.

Attachments

• MICR0843.jpg
    MICR0843.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 65
  • MICR0856.jpg
    MICR0856.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 65
  • MICR0867.jpg
    MICR0867.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • MICR0877.jpg
    MICR0877.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
  • MICR0882.jpg
    MICR0882.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68
5' vis today.

So on my dive yesterday, ran across these fish and can't ID. Don't recall ever seeing them. In a small school, swimming along the bottom, maybe 8"-10" or so. Any help? This is a still from the video.

Attachments

• MICR0888_Moment.jpg
    MICR0888_Moment.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 64
Tomorrow, Saturday, Sept3 looks very good for diving, so I am loading up to go there for some metal detecting.Edit to add;
Looks like we need to visit in-laws on Saturday instead, i hope I can go Monday!

I'm hoping so here. We got blown out today on long Island

Here is the video if this helps in trying to identify these fish.

Finally have an ID thanks to CT-RICH. Kingfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom