Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I worked in a dive shop very close to Beverly Hills, I had a rich, spoiled middle-aged customer ask me how a snorkel is used.

Not just how to attach it, but how to breathe through it.

I wish I'd offered him some special breathing lessons, with a specialty certification in mouth-breathing. It would have been an extensive 2 week course.

It's scary (and really funny for me), but I get way too many customers like this. I had one particular customer (on her way to an all-inclusive to do some snorkeling) try on a mask, inhale a bit through her nose, then inhale too hard (causing the mask to suck harder onto her face), panic, inhale harder, eyes bulging, arms windmilling, before I came to her 'rescue'. :confused: This is after my short briefing on how to try on masks...

Bewildered, with mask in hand, she asks me 'is this going to be hard??'

Oh dear. :11doh:

Me--->:rofl3:
I just found this thread and have tears running down my face from laughing! Especially the oyster crackers from Hooters!

On one of my first dive trips we were going to be video'd on a sting ray feeding dive. It was one couple's last day to dive. The (very nice) lady showed up all dolled up for her appearance on camera -- she put on her new red bathing suit, plus she had used waterproof mascara, AND to top it off she had red lipstick on that almost perfectly matched her bathing suit.

You should of seen the look on her face when her husband reminded her that 1) she would be wearing a wetsuit, 2) her mask would hide her eyes and 3) the videographer would come after lunch so the chances of her lipstick lasting that long were slim to none! At least her bright yellow caterpillar was visible in the video!

From Capt Dan @ Loves Park Scuba.....
On the way out to a wreck dive in Lake Mich at 90',
"why only yesterday the water temp was 70* on the wreck"

and

"No, after awhile, you get used to the water temp in Lake Michigan in a 7mm"
yeah.....it was 42*

Boring know-it-all :"... and my SAC is waaay better than yours!"
Diver :"Are you aware that the organ that uses most of the oxygen is the brain?"

While I was diving with Caicos Adventures we became aquainted with a retired pilot Al who was diving with us each day. This day a new diver had boarded on the boat, he was a Brit. I have nothing against Brits but this one had a up-ity attitude. Just before we finished gearing up:
Pilot - " ahh sir, you have my fins on" , Brit - "these are my fins I brought them with me", Pilot - "is you name AL?" Al had painted his name in hugh letters on his fins, The Brit then looked down and realized he had Al's fins on.......the look on the Brit's face...pricless!

The set-up after: I had just come back from Hawaii, where I had completed my certification and I was showing off my pictures.

My cousin says to me, "I would never go scuba diving because of all the shark attacks on divers"

Me "What do you mean, according to statistics, a person has a better chance of getting hit by lightening than being bit by a shark, besides most shark attacks that do happen are on surfers and boogie boarder"

Him "what about all the divers that get don't report the attack because they get eaten"

:rofl3:

I like to ask the divemaster, lifeguard or boat captain: What time high tide is usually around here?

I often am asked "how deep do you dive?" Repsonse: "all the way to the bottom of the ocean; usually".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom