Funny story about the soft weights I ordered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was considering a DYI on making soft weights but durring my search for materials I came across these and the price was less than I would pay to get all the materials seperately and shipping was free (to CONUS) sent USPS.
Soft Scuba Diving Weight Sample Variety Pack 60 lbs 20 Bags Free Freight

Well when the mail lady came Friday morning she knoced on the door and when I opened it she bluntly asked me "what the hell did you order?" The look on her face was priceless she couldn't believe a box that size (mediun priority mail) could weigh that much. I had to go take them off the truck for her. I have to give props to Rotometals first these are exelent quality weights the bags are heavy duty nylon and the shot is high quality #4 but the awsome use of the postal service " if it fits it ships for a flat price" is briliant.

Here is the link to all their weights if anyone is interested.

Soft lead Shot Scuba Weights

Ha! I buy my fishing weights 50 pounds at a time. Our long time mail man politely knocks on my gate and yells, "Mr. Lemke, come and get your fishing tackle."

2000 .45 bullets for reloading come in the same box and generally get the reaction of either get it out of the truck yourself or in taking it back to the post office. When I was at the apartments the mail guy dropped the box into the package mailbox and it fell through the bottom into the mailbox below after that he left it in the office.

I've had similar situations when I ordered kettle bells and a weighted vest. With the kettle bells, the UPS guy asked if I had gold bars in the box(I live out in the country and have a really long driveway :D ).

Back
Top Bottom