Fusion Aircore Weighting requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I have only been ablr to get my new Fusion in the pool, but I was pleasantly surprised. Based on my previous experience, with DUI and similar suits that I was trained to use, I figured that I would need about 28 lbs of lead with the very light undergarments I had on. I was shocked when I only needed 10 lbs, and that was actualy a little heavy. I know that adding my undergarment (MK2) and hood and gloves (neoprene wet for now) my requiremtnes will be more, but it will still be less than I would ave used with the other suits. Is this normal with others using a fusion?

Is the outer skin nylon or very thin neoprene?

It's the Sport, so I think it's Spandex. I am just amazed at the difference in weighting between it and a Trilaminate DUI or even the USIA suits that had no neoprene. I had actualy purchased a weight harness to use with my 7mm wetsuit, and for the planned drysuit. I don't need to use it as my integrated BCD pockets hold more than enough to get me neutral.

I am almost in shock at the difference. I thought I had forgotten how much I had on me until I rechecked it by removing it on theh surface.

And to be clear, I am not a skinny guy. I am 6'1" and 270'ish pounds of natural insulation.

It’s a plastic bag covered by stretchy buoyancy neutral material, there should be no difference between it and a normal bag suit. Once the air is out, which is determined by the insulation worn it should also be about the same given the same undergarments used, where the difference lies is in the suits ability to resist forming a big bubble with excess air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom