Fusion Repair: Can this torn velcro be repaired?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livewire

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Whites Team and/or Fusion Repair People:

I've recently damaged the velcro seam on my Fusion below the zipper at the chest. By this I'm referring to the velcro that holds the lycra shell to the inner shell. Pictures below. The velcro is ordinarily sewn in to the seam that holds the outer zipper, and in this case the velcro is torn at that seam. It started as a small tear, and I continued to dive it and now it's much bigger. Is there any way to repair this? Know anyone who could repair it?

Since pictures are worth 1000 words:

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Thanks,
Santiago

Hi Santiago!

This is something we can repair no problem. This is actually even something you can repair if you feel you are up to it.

The easiest way would be to:

Go buy some hook velcro that is the same size. If you buy it too big, don't worry, just cut it to the right size.
Buy our DRIS Drysuit Glue
Pull off the old velcro where it is coming off
Clean the surface of the suit with an acetone cleaner

Put two coats of the contact cement on the suit, and 2 coats on the velcro, then wait 25 minutes....
Push the two together (suit and velcro). Use your fingers to push it tight, let it dry overnight...your back in business.

Don't worry about the rest of the velcro only being sewn on, that doesn't matter. You can glue the velcro flat to the suit, and call it a day without having to put any holes in the suit.

Your also more than welcome to send us your suit and we can quote it when we receive it.

Back
Top Bottom