Fusion sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently own a Fusion and really like everything about it but I am wondering if a size up from what i have would be a better fit.

I currently have an L-XL which according to the chart is the right fit. However I find it to be tighter than I like once I start using thicker undergarments. For the most part it feels like my range of motion is limited. I am 5'6" 195 lbs, my problem seems to be I have a large chest, arms, neck and legs. I do not have a problem with the legs just the upper body. If you look at the sizing charts I am on the outside edge of all of the measurements except the height. I would really like the extra room in the upper area but am afraid if I opt for the next size up it is going to be way to long for me and end up with a lot of drag due to the suit bunching.

Looking for thoughts. I tried sending an e-mail to White's directly but that has yet to be answered, they must be out on the road doing shows.

Regards

I currently own a Fusion and really like everything about it but I am wondering if a size up from what i have would be a better fit.

I currently have an L-XL which according to the chart is the right fit. However I find it to be tighter than I like once I start using thicker undergarments. For the most part it feels like my range of motion is limited. I am 5'6" 195 lbs, my problem seems to be I have a large chest, arms, neck and legs. I do not have a problem with the legs just the upper body. If you look at the sizing charts I am on the outside edge of all of the measurements except the height. I would really like the extra room in the upper area but am afraid if I opt for the next size up it is going to be way to long for me and end up with a lot of drag due to the suit bunching.

Looking for thoughts. I tried sending an e-mail to White's directly but that has yet to be answered, they must be out on the road doing shows.

Regards

Hi Scott,

Your height and weight measurements are definitly within the definitions of a L/XL Fusion according to the size chart. Having said that, everyone is shaped differently so if you have a larger than average upper body in proportion to your height and weight you may benefit from the next size up.

I woldn't worry about the bunching up of material in the legs as I have persoanlly put many people heavier, and shorter than you in the 2XL/3XL without any issues. Remember, the outer skin of the suit will take care of any extra Drycore material. Also if you look at the crotch to floor measurements between the L/XL and the 2XL/3XL, there is only a 2 inch varience.

I hope this information helps but please feel free to contact me anytime at justinb@whitesdiving.com if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing

Justin, That is exactly what I was looking for, for information. I think I will sell mine and move up to the next size then.

Thank you

I am 5'9 and about 200. I ended up having to go with the 2XL/3XL to get a decent fit on my stronger than average calves.

I tend to have shorter legs and a longer torso than the average 5'9" person but hav e had no issues with bunching drag etc. The extra lenght is just not noticed in the water.

I also went with a 2XL/3XL tech skin based on White's advice, and to be honest I'd recommend the XL tech skin on the 2XL/3Xl suit for anyone with my build. The 2x/3x tech skin is too long in the torso and tends to sag excessively out of the water with the pockets. It is ok in the water, but it could use a tummy tuck to shorten it up on someone my size and even if the other dimensions are smaller, the smaller skin would be a better match.

I am 5'9 and about 200. I ended up having to go with the 2XL/3XL to get a decent fit on my stronger than average calves.

I tend to have shorter legs and a longer torso than the average 5'9" person but hav e had no issues with bunching drag etc. The extra lenght is just not noticed in the water.

I also went with a 2XL/3XL tech skin based on White's advice, and to be honest I'd recommend the XL tech skin on the 2XL/3Xl suit for anyone with my build. The 2x/3x tech skin is too long in the torso and tends to sag excessively out of the water with the pockets. It is ok in the water, but it could use a tummy tuck to shorten it up on someone my size and even if the other dimensions are smaller, the smaller skin would be a better match.
Interesting, Maybe my best bet would be to get just the 2x/3x inner piece then and keep the my L-XL skin. My only real issue with the suit is upper body momentum being restricted due to the size of my chest and arms. I really have a tough time even getting the upper portion on or to zip up. This is with the heavier undergarment. It is tight with just the MK2 but managable. I wonder if I can get just the inner piece then?

Regards

Interesting, Maybe my best bet would be to get just the 2x/3x inner piece then and keep the my L-XL skin. My only real issue with the suit is upper body momentum being restricted due to the size of my chest and arms. I really have a tough time even getting the upper portion on or to zip up. This is with the heavier undergarment. It is tight with just the MK2 but managable. I wonder if I can get just the inner piece then?

Regards

Hi Scott,

You can get the 2XL/3XL Drycore and request the L/XL skin and that should solve your issue.

If this is an option than you would like to pursue just let you LDC know and they can make the arrangements with us.

Cheers,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom