Fusion too tight in the Crotch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have noticed alot of people having issues with their Fusions being too tight in the crotch. This can be due to the suspenders being too tight, this will cause the suspenders to get stuck in the loop, and you will lose about 8-10 inches in the material. Please watch the video, its hard to explain, but this should show the issue.

If you or anyone you know suffers from a Fusion Related Tight Crotch---Please watch this video:eyebrow:....this is a message from your local tight crotch task force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq2AvIujDu8

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job Mike!

This makes our phone call make sense now. I will pass this on to my local dealer with the "short crotch suit" I could not get into.

This should be a Sticky for this forum.

I discovered this on a dive last month - suit finally got too tight in the crotch, and whenever I lifted my head to maintain trim, I'd get a lovely flood of 43F water in through the neck seal. Talk about negative reinforcement...

I was furious when I made it back to shore and figured it had to be something with the suspenders. Sure enough, the suspenders had become stuck in their tab and were not allowing the top portion of the suit to expand. I'm right on the lower end of the height range and this was acceptable for numerous dives before it became a problem, but when it did - man was it noticeable, both in the dampness and in the crotch squeeze.

Thanks for posting the video explanation Mike!

-B

I ended up taking the suspenders out of the loop that they thread through to resolve the issue. I was also thinking about trimming the width of the suspenders around the velcro tabs, but have opted for the loopless setup for now.

Thank you for the post. I will have to try this. My boys also thank you.

Thanks Mike, I was having this problem as well. We talked about it and at the time you sugested my suspenders might be too tight. Which they were, this video now solves the rest of the issue.

I am/was getting some neck seal leakage when looking up. Will check this out this weekend.

I was having this problem and low and behold, when I just looked at my suit I noticed that the suspenders were caught just as described in the video. I fixed the suspenders and hope this works. Thanks

wondered why it suddenly didnt fit so well.

Back
Top Bottom