Fusion too tight in the Crotch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a way to prevent this from happening, such as tape over that part of the suspenders?

Is there a way to prevent this from happening, such as tape over that part of the suspenders?

I was thinking of mounting some sort of "cross bar" at the top of the velcro "split" on the suspender side. A short piece of round plastic rod just long enough to stick 1/4" out on either side of the suspender maybe??

I wonder if the rod would stay in place?

Just a thought.

Henrik

I was thinking a few wraps of duct tape just above the velcro should just about do it.

I found and tested a solution that works great and really.)

Take a cheap-plastic weight keeper and put it on the strap on the velcro side of the loop that has been causing the problem.

I'm not at home so I can't take any pictures, but I went for a dive yesterday and it worked great. The keepers are really loose on the straps, but the velcro part won't slide through the keeper on it's own, therefore keeping it out of the troublesome loop part. :)

I hope that helps!

Take a cheap-plastic weight keeper and put it on the strap on the velcro side of the loop that has been causing the problem.

Excellent solution! Just mounted the only plastic keeper I could find. Works great. Thanks.

Henrik

TC:
I was thinking a few wraps of duct tape just above the velcro should just about do it.

I did the duct tape and it worked fine. However I saw Henrik's weight keepers on his fusion over the weekend and that also looked like a good solution

I did the duct tape and it worked fine. However I saw Henrik's weight keepers on his fusion over the weekend and that also looked like a good solution
The duct tape has been working for me as well, just not as pretty. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom