Future Magazine Article

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at Aquarena this past Tuesday and Wednesday, helping John Duggan of Duggan Diving finish up another class of warriors. I've posted about this before. He takes a group of guys from the Center for the Intrepid and gets them certified as scuba divers. These guys are all injured soldiers. Most of them are either single or double amputees, others were badly burned. One of them has a fused ankle from getting shot.

Anyway, one of my wife's friends joined me for this class. She is a writer for Texas Live magazine. When she got word of what I was doing, she decided to come along and write a feature story. She interviewed a number of the students and the other instructors. She also interviewed folks from the Center for the Intrepid and also a lady from The Red River Rats. They are a military alumni organization that funds alot of these activities. The guy that runs SUDS (Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba) was also there.

This lady's writing style is very poingiant and humerous. She took a number of top side photos. in water shots from the pool and Aquarena will be provided by George Cummings of Ocenaic Expeditions.

The article is scheduled for the May issue. I'm sure I'll have a few copies at the shop. The magazine has been focuses on the central texas area of Brenham and College Station, but has recently expanded to cover from Austin to Houston.

It was an honor to work with this group of guys and I'm sure the magazine article will describe the experience much better than I can.

Thats great, Mack. Thanks for the info. Be sure and update the post when it actually comes out to remind all of forgetful types.

Willie

Hey Mack it was good to see you Tuesday, and to help with the class. Ashley Landis from the San Marcos Daily Record came out on Wednesday and the Record will be running a story (I think Front Page) Out Fri and have a slideshow with the story on their Website.

Thanks for sharing Mack!
I think it's awesome what ya'll are doing.
Looking forward to the article :D

Fantastic, Mack! One of these days I want to do a piece on the Warriors for the CDOT News, and it'd be great if I could get some shots for the website. Any chance of that?

Fantastic, Mack! One of these days I want to do a piece on the Warriors for the CDOT News, and it'd be great if I could get some shots for the website. Any chance of that?

PM sent. How do I find your devotional? I did a google search, but only got links back to SB, where you have posted.

That's awesome Mack! Thank you for sharing. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of that article. :)

Back
Top Bottom