F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this weekend is a bust.... I already had a few good dive this year, but my neck seal on my Drysuit is needing a replacement. Looks like my next dive will be wet (the last one was wet, but unintentionally...).

It is going to be a good season. I’m getting my first fully prescription mask. The scooter I bought did better then my limited expectations and I have not had my dive season delayed by Covid restrictions...

@AfterDark, how did your metal detector do last year?

@AfterDark, how did your metal detector do last year?

I had a total of (9) NINE dives in 2020 a record low for me. This was due mostly to the weather, I'm sure there were good dive days that I had something family to do but I don't log those :wink:. My metal detector got as little use as my camera did last year.

I am suffering some after affects of my suspected bout with covid Jan 2020, that I'm concerned my have a negative impact on diving. Shortness of breath being the most worrisome. My sense of smell is haywire but that's of no concern diving wise. Also my left ankle is worse this year and I'm not sure how it will effect my finning ability. I might be like a boat with one oar, swimming in a circle! :)

I'm starting off diving slow, shallow and solo until I can access any new limitations I may have.

I did use my metal detector to find the underground wire in my yard to power a pole light! So there's that.

I had a total of (9) NINE dives in 2020 a record low for me. This was due mostly to the weather, I'm sure there were good dive days that I had something family to do but I don't log those :wink:. My metal detector got as little use as my camera did last year.

I am suffering some after affects of my suspected bout with covid Jan 2020, that I'm concerned my have a negative impact on diving. Shortness of breath being the most worrisome. My sense of smell is haywire but that's of no concern diving wise. Also my left ankle is worse this year and I'm not sure how it will effect my finning ability. I might be like a boat with one oar, swimming in a circle! :)

I'm starting off diving slow, shallow and solo until I can access any new limitations I may have.

I did use my metal detector to find the underground wire in my yard to power a pole light! So there's that.
Sorry to hear about the Covid. I am glad it wasn’t worse (for what it’s worth). I have been getting PT for a disk injury I had last year, so I have been dealing with a similar weak ankle issue. It hasn’t been a big issue for diving, but the walk to and from the car in full rig is dicey. I will be diving most Sundays, so let know if you want a dive buddy.

Diving this weekend?

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING
Today...S Winds 5 To 10 Kt, Increasing To 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt This Afternoon. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. Showers With Isolated Tstms. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.
Tonight...Sw Winds 15 To 20 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 3 To 5 Ft. Patchy Fog. Showers Likely. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.
Fri...Sw Winds Around 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 4 To 6 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.
Fri Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 4 To 5 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers. Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Sat...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt. Gusts Up To 20 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas 3 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.
Sat Night...Sw Winds Around 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 3 To 4 Ft.
Sun Through Mon Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft.

No I guess not!

With those seas though still not good. Hathaway pond it is.

That was the RI Sound report is mainly for Newport dive sites.

Massachusetts Bay and Ipswich Bay Marine Forecast
The Marine Weather Forecast In Detail:
ANZ251 Forecast Issued: 427 PM EDT Thu Jun 03 2021

Tonight...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. Patchy Dense Fog. A Chance Of Showers With Isolated Tstms. Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Fri...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers. Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Fri Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt, Diminishing To 5 To 10 Kt After Midnight. Seas Around 2 Ft. Patchy Fog. A Chance Of Showers. Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Sat...Sw Winds 5 To 10 Kt, Increasing To 10 To 15 Kt In The Afternoon. Seas Around 2 Ft.
Sat Night Through Sun Night...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas Around 2 Ft.
Mon Through Tue Night...W Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas Around 2 Ft.

Sat and Sun look not too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom