FYI cold water in WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please keep us posted. Diving tomorrow AM - not sure with whom (it's a surprise!) and have been getting reports of cold thermo off Boca - but nothing up north in Jupiter.

I'm soooo confused! Do I wear the 1mm - 3mm or 5mm?

LOL

Rae -
I'm going Sunday morning out of WPB. Unless I hear otherwise I'm splitting the difference: wearing my 3 and bringing a 3mm vest just in case. I was cold in my 1mm w/ vest yesterday at BHB and I refuse to wear my 5mm in August.
Have fun!
jet

I'm going to pack my lavacore just in case. I only have a 3mm, but my 3mm with lavacore is pretty steamy. I also have a lavacore hood, which is usually too warm to wear at BHB.

Reports today say 79 degrees and 80-90 feet of viz! I'm on the Emerald tomorrow AM, conditions are looking prime!!

Is it warming up? Maybe it is. Gazebo was 79 degrees and Black Condo was 78 degrees yesterday morning with a minimal south current. I'm wearing my 5 again today, an hour plus drifting in the high 70s is not all that warm.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

Dived with djtimmy77 and his parents today with UE. Gulfstream was 80 degrees. Table Tops was 79 degrees. I was comfy in my 5 mm, total dive time 2:42

79 on my computer! Didn't even have to get the 5mm wet! Just a skin and hooded vest! Good diving with ya!

mid 50's at 180 ft in 230 ft in WPB

74 degrees off wpb today at 80 ft.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added August 18th, 2013 at 02:59 PM ----------

And crappy viz

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Is this type of thermocline common for southern florida in August?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom