FYI - Grand Cayman Airport Terminal (GCM)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My question is do they have comfortable chairs? My problem with the GC airport is that there is nowhere that is comfortable to sit for 2-3 hours during layovers. The seats in the main terminal are better than the old plastic benches they used to have, but they are not comfortable for more than an hour or so. We fly into GCM from LC around 11 and fly to Houston at 4:40, so I would love to find someplace close by and comfortable to sit for a few hours instead of upstairs at the HH.

There are all different types of chairs depending on where you are on the property. Have not sat on any, so no idea as to comfort or lack thereof. I Googled and found these pix on tripadvisor: Pictures of George Town Yacht Club, George Town - Restaurant Photos - TripAdvisor

You and I must have been looking at Tripadvisor at the same time yesterday. I saw those same pictures and bookmarked their website as a place we need to try this year when we are passing through GCM.

Edit: Just realized that the date we will be passing through GC on our way back to Houston will be the 10th anniversary of the day my dad passed away. One of his favorite things to do was go down with us to the local seafood restaurant near the yacht club and eat a meal while watching boats come and go. I can't think of a better way to spend lunch that day. Thanks for the suggestion Testudo!

Forget the GTYC - the Mango Tree is closer, more comfortable & has better food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom