G-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

Just purchased the G-15 and WP-DC48 housing, expecting it to be here by tomorrow. Getting excited!!!!!

Will be using it in Roatan next week. lets see how unforgiving it will be to a newbie.

For anyone that is looking to get this camera and likes aluminum housings.... the Recsea housing should be coming out the end of this month (was sent some pics and it looks very nice), Patima housing should be coming out for it pretty soon and also got confirmation that Naurticam will be making a housing for it but haven't gotten an ETA from them for it yet. :)

Update from Recsea... it has an accessory shoe on top and will come with an acccessory [FONT=&quot]Strobe Mask-External Strobe Connection Mount to connect FO cables for 2 strobes.[/FONT]

Last edited:
I havent played with the G15, but I had a look at it in the store today. Its a bit smaller than some of the former Gseries cameras, so its probably gonna be more edable as a p&s as well as a very advanced one :)

I've had a G9 with an ikelite housing for several years and been super happy with it. I played with a G1x and didn't like the way it focused especially close up, so I've ordered a G15 with the new IkeLite housing (just released) it shipped from BH last Friday so I should see it shortly. Can't wait to give it all a go.

I have a G7 myself and has been very happy with it, but my replacement is significantly more expensive than the Gseries, which is why I didnt play much with the G15. I did notice it being a lot sleeker though.

I loved shooting UW with my g10 until it flooded last March. Bought an only zx-1 with their oem housing but will be muying the g15 since I love shooting with canon... too bad canon's oem housing are of the same quality as olympus.

Nauticam will be making a housing for the g15 but may not be released until late spring... will wait until I get more info from them before deciding on which housing to get.

I passed on the G15 because the housings that could take the wide angle lenses weren't in my price range. I saw mixed reviews for the Fantasea dome. If you've got the budget for the higher end housings, it may be a different story. I wonder if the lenses will be wet?

I passed on the G15 because the housings that could take the wide angle lenses weren't in my price range. I saw mixed reviews for the Fantasea dome. If you've got the budget for the higher end housings, it may be a different story. I wonder if the lenses will be wet?

All of the housings will have an adaptor you can get to add wet lenses.

The recsea has interchangeable ports (1 specifically for WA) but have not had any specific info about the nauticam.

One of the reasons I'm waiting to hear more about nauticam is that their pricing has been less than recsea. Another reason is that I have no desire to change ports since I'm more of a supermacro person. As long as I can use my subsee magnifiers with whatever housing I get, I'm a happy diver.

Patima has a housing coming out for it soon but it will not have an accessory shoe on top and that's something I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom