g10 housing and strobe choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to decide which way to configure my G10.
Looking at four potential options:
1) Use my current Inon D2000 with the WDC-28 housing (will require some hardware to connect the fiber optic cable, but can be done without too much difficulty) - no ttl with this option.

2) purchase Ikelite housing and use Inon D-2000 - still no TTL

3) Purchase Ikelite housing for G10 - new and Ikelite DS-125 strobe (used) - sell Inon D-2000 - obviously this will cost more but would provide true TTL

3) Purchase Ikelite housing for G10 - new - and ikelite DS-160 (new) - Sell Inon D-2000. This is the most expensive option and would provide true TTL.

I'm currently using an Oly-5050/PT-015 with Inon D2000 so I'm comfortable with manual settings but true TTL could be a nice thing.

There is a huge difference in price between the WDC-28 configuration and the Ikelite configurations. I'm trying to justify in my mind the difference in price to have the Ikelite true TTL connection.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to decide which way to configure my G10.
Looking at four potential options:
1) Use my current Inon D2000 with the WDC-28 housing (will require some hardware to connect the fiber optic cable, but can be done without too much difficulty) - no ttl with this option.

2) purchase Ikelite housing and use Inon D-2000 - still no TTL

3) Purchase Ikelite housing for G10 - new and Ikelite DS-125 strobe (used) - sell Inon D-2000 - obviously this will cost more but would provide true TTL

3) Purchase Ikelite housing for G10 - new - and ikelite DS-160 (new) - Sell Inon D-2000. This is the most expensive option and would provide true TTL.

I'm currently using an Oly-5050/PT-015 with Inon D2000 so I'm comfortable with manual settings but true TTL could be a nice thing.

There is a huge difference in price between the WDC-28 configuration and the Ikelite configurations. I'm trying to justify in my mind the difference in price to have the Ikelite true TTL connection.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Adjuster-jd:
Have you come up with a decision? I just went diving with my Canon G10, WP-DC28, and Inon D2000 Type 3. Unfortunately, the synch cable broke in transit. The camera flash still triggered the strobe, however everything was over-exposed, especially with the G10 set to Underwater mode. In Auto mode, the strobe didn't fire, and everything is blue.
QUESTION: Will the G10 sync with the D2000 in S-TTL while in Underwater mode?
Will it sync in with the strobe in S-TTL and the G10 in Auto mode?

Thanks for your input. If the two are compatible, I will buy a replacement fiber optic cable (maybe the new one, with a swivel). If not, I am probably going to go with an Ikelite housing and strobe, wired to the hot shoe.

Regards,
Denny Crane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom