G2 anomaly in dive planning and lock out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Ruberg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys,
Just got back from a dive trip us8ng my G2. On a deep dive where I skipped PDI stop but did all level and deco stops my G2 locked me out for 3 hours. Warnings in the log said “reduced MB level or CNS o2 >40%” or similar. No problem, waited and then did next dive. All OK.

Next day did another 40m dive, did PDI stops, ascended and cleared Level stop (MB 1). Did safety stop. All good. When I tried to do a plan for next dive straight away it gave me a 6 minute NDL. If I extended my surface interval to 3 hours it then shortened my dive by 1 minute to 5 minutes. Really? WTF?

Waited About 3 hours and the guys with older SP computers like Aladin had a much longer second dive time than mine. We went on the dive, now to about 35m and I did PDIS, then level stops, then cleared deco then did safety stop and hung around for another t minutes waiting for someone else. On the surface all was good, then 2 hour lockout.

Anyone have an6 theories or explanations?

@Nick Ruberg

Next time you dive, try running your G2 without PDIS, microbubble level of zero, and no human factors. Even if you don't use the chest strap for heart rate and skin temperature, if you use the transmitter, you will have to reduce the effect of breathing rate by setting it at -12 (range of -12 to +12 with zero being "neutral", page 38 of manual)

None of us has any inside information on how the G2 does its computation and Scubapro does not participate in this forum, so I suggest you contact Scubapro directly with your question and post their reply here.

Back
Top Bottom