G260 vs S620ti ergonomics using long hose setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering I will likely travel with a backplate, grams are not a priority. I was asking more from the perspective of the physical bulkiness around and under the chin area. I would be wearing a necklace backup and both the regs would be the same model. Obviously, some people wear the G260s in that arrangement and it works for them. So if a person was blindfolded and couldn't really tell much of a difference between a G260 and an S620ti, would they appreciate that the S620ti was more compact and offered a little more freedom of movement under the chin area.
I have not noticed the more freedom set up either way. I have tried it both ways. The only issue I am having now is when I dive cold water and have on heated vest/7mm wetsuit and 7mm bibbed hood I am preferring the necklace to be on a 24" hose instead of 22". When in warm water with less thermal protection the 22" seems to be fine.

The G260 seems to breathe "easier" to me and deliver smoother/more air on the same effort. Did that make more sense? My Poseidon Odin use to feel like that....it would deliver "more" air..or at least felt like that

Huummm, I preferred the S600 because it was smoother than the G260 but I am going to try them again during a dive.

While I do not have the S600/S620, I do have several regulators that are as small or smaller than the S620. A Titan Supreme, Core Supreme and now a Jetstream and a couple of others. I do not notice any difference when used on a necklace. Now, a Conshelf I notice on a necklace and a 109 as well because they are a bit heavier in the water and tend to hang so I tighten the bungee length up a little more, probably a good idea anyways. Since adding a light to the top of my Nauticam housing I notice that it bangs into my necklaced regulator, enough that I am considering going to an Air 2 (!!!!) and I am being halfway serious. Even without the light when I raise the housing up to use the viewfinder (vs the LCD screen) it also bangs into the necklaced regulator. I do not think a sliglty smaller regulator would cure this issue. I am mostly diving G250s of which a G260 is a sleeker and slightly smaller footprint housing the same goodness as the G250 on the inside.

Late to the G250 party, I am not sure there has been any noteworthy advance in second stage regulators since the G250 came on the scene in about 1980 and still in production for Halycon and really the G260 is a G250V.

But again, I would not turn down a S620Ti. Had my LDS offered me a smoking deal and presented me the choice of a S620Ti or a G260 what would I have done. I do have a lust for titanium, poor old Jimma Carter. But, no, he only offered me the smoking deal on a G260 set, ha. Poor me :wink:.

Rambling, I know, but, I do not think the minor difference in size between the S620 and G260 will be noticeable on a necklace.

James

While I do not have the S600/S620, I do have several regulators that are as small or smaller than the S620. A Titan Supreme, Core Supreme and now a Jetstream and a couple of others. I do not notice any difference when used on a necklace. Now, a Conshelf I notice on a necklace and a 109 as well because they are a bit heavier in the water and tend to hang so I tighten the bungee length up a little more, probably a good idea anyways. Since adding a light to the top of my Nauticam housing I notice that it bangs into my necklaced regulator, enough that I am considering going to an Air 2 (!!!!) and I am being halfway serious. Even without the light when I raise the housing up to use the viewfinder (vs the LCD screen) it also bangs into the necklaced regulator. I do not think a sliglty smaller regulator would cure this issue. I am mostly diving G250s of which a G260 is a sleeker and slightly smaller footprint housing the same goodness as the G250 on the inside.

Late to the G250 party, I am not sure there has been any noteworthy advance in second stage regulators since the G250 came on the scene in about 1980 and still in production for Halycon and really the G260 is a G250V.

But again, I would not turn down a S620Ti. Had my LDS offered me a smoking deal and presented me the choice of a S620Ti or a G260 what would I have done. I do have a lust for titanium, poor old Jimma Carter. But, no, he only offered me the smoking deal on a G260 set, ha. Poor me :wink:.

Rambling, I know, but, I do not think the minor difference in size between the S620 and G260 will be noticeable on a necklace.

James
Is he still offering you a smoking deal on that G260?

People mentioned the desire to see a G260 with a titanium barrel. Is that mainly for the corrosion control? Reason I ask is because I may be able to get the carbon black tech version for about half off as a store demo through a friend. I'm wondering if that DLC coating is on the barrel along with the external metal? I'm not looking for regulator bling (although the first stage looks damn cool) but if I can get it for half off and it has a corrosion resistance coating, I may consider it.

The 260 has the advantage of being able to "reverse" the adjustment knob to either side making it ideal for sidemount.
Nobody really teaches sidemount like this anymore…

People mentioned the desire to see a G260 with a titanium barrel. Is that mainly for the corrosion control? Reason I ask is because I may be able to get the carbon black tech version for about half off as a store demo through a friend. I'm wondering if that DLC coating is on the barrel along with the external metal? I'm not looking for regulator bling (although the first stage looks damn cool) but if I can get it for half off and it has a corrosion resistance coating, I may consider it.

For 50% off, in a heartbeat.

Is he still offering you a smoking deal on that G260?
LOL, I bought them, a while back.

I seem to always justify another regulator!

:)

Back
Top Bottom