Galapagos Gloves and Luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff: Don't want to sound rude but, if I were you, I would be less concern about the gloves than a good 3 to 5 mil hood. Don't leave home without one if you want to dive Galapagos comfortably in December. Your 5 mil suit should be just enough. If you have one, wouldn't hurt bringing a 1,5 or 2 mil jacket to wear under the suit, for those third or fourth dive of the day.

Thanks for the resposnes. I plan on bringing a 3/5 hood and my wife already has a 2 mil jacket. I dove with the 5mil suit, hood, and gloves in 55 degree water in the quarry and I was fine after a 45 minute dive. Considering it was fall in PA, the surface temps are going to be a good bit higher in Galapagos in December so I think I should be fine. I did get a second pair of gloves that are a little thicker but also have the kevlar finish.

Jeff

Jeff: My apologies. If you survived diving at 55º F with that same attire, you´ll be OK in Galapagos in December. Hope you catch the whale shark in Darwin and Wolf. When I was there (April) they weren´t around.

No apologies needed. Obviously in different parts of the world people adapt. I'm sure if I said I was diving last weekend in 45 degree water for fun, some people would think I'm nuts. For us, it is just another excuse to get out and dive (dry of course!).

Hopefully we'll see a whale shark, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom