Galapagos Liveaboard, More time at Wolf or Darwin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking at liveaboard options in the Galapagos in September. Some boats have two days at Wolf and one at Darwin, and some two days at Darwin and one at Wolf?

If you had to recommend, which site is better for more dives?

Thanks!

I spent 2 days in Darwin & a day in Wolf, but I wish I did the other way around due to in Darwin we do the same sides over & over 8 times (4 dives/ day x 2 days) and the same old fish over & over. It was great to see schooling hammerheads, but after 4 times, that gets old. Wolf has more variety fish to see while I was there, see my trip report here: How is diving in Galapagos in December?

Originally, we were supposed to be spending 1 day in Darwin & 2 days in Wolf, but Galapagos Master changed schedule on the fly. May not be on they own will, it could be something to do with how the Galapagos Marine Park authority allocate each liveaboard. Whatever the reason is, it sucks. So, caveat emptor, let Galapagos liveaboard diver beware!

Last edited:
Hi guyharrisonphoto!

Generally, I would recommend two days at Wolf and one day at Darwin. There is a better variety of dives at Wolf, because Darwin is really small - just a rock above the water.

Also, you may find our article about Liveaboard Diving in the Galapagos to be of some help.

Have a great trip and happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom