Galapagos Liveaboard Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eytokyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning ahead for a Christmas 2012 dive in Galapagos.... I'd appreciate your feedback on liveaboards in the area.

thanks in advance.

A little overly broad of a question.

So far, what boats that you have looked at that appeal to you?

Do you place comfort and food quality over just dive-dive-dive?

we had a marvelous time last september aboard the humboldt explorer. all the passengers were d.m.'s, instructors and/or dive shop owners and everyone thought the food and dive guides were top notch.
which ever live aboard you choose make sure you're on one that goes to wolf and darwin, not worth it otherwise.

agreed about wolf and darwin, you'll want as much time out there as you can get! We went on the aggressor cruise and had a great time, good food and quarters, staff was top notch...would do it again

There are only a handful of boats that do liveaboard galapagos cruises currently: The Agressors, Deep Blue, Humboldt Explorer, Galapagos Sky, and the new Wolf Buddy and Darwin Buddy. I havent seen any reviews on the newest ones, but I have seen some good ones for pretty much all of the other vessels. Price will vary but will pretty much correlate with comfort and standards. Have a great time!

We did the Aggressor II in 2005. Great crew, boat, food, and cabins (although we had one on the main deck). We would go again with them.

I did the Aggressor II in 2004 and the Sky Dancer (now Galapagos Sky) in 2007. Based on many glitches suffered on the Sky Dancer versus the near perfection of the Aggressor, I would opt for the Aggressor if I were to go back. (And with my one experience with Buddy in Bonaire and a horribly run-down room, I'd be leery of going on one of their new boats.)

Because a lot can change in a few years, however, I'd make sure to get updates first.

Thank you everyone... I've heard a lot of great things about the Aggressor and Galapagos Sky, but have decided to go with Wolf/Buddy. A diver friend just went out with them and she said it is the best boat she has ever been on!

Can anyone give any ideas on the differences of these various boats? From my first glancing they have similar itineraries and similar pricing (within ~10%). I am looking into a trip. Diving is of utmost importance to me. Dive-Dive-Dive.

i guess it comes down to which boat does the most number of dives in wolf/darwin. Most are 3 days, but humboldt explorer does 4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom