Galapagos Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charters do fill up the liveaboards at peak times, but don't let that discourage the independent divers. Check directly with the companies operating the liveaboards and they might be able to hook you up with a charter that still needs a few bodies to make their quota.

Yes this is all true. Thats why I choose to charter the boats several years in advance. For this year I don't have any space left but for 2011 I've got a few spots open in September on a Darwin and Wolf trip with Aggressor.

Does anyone know if any of these liveaboards allow rebreathers ?

Thanks, Rob

I know the aggressor does (or did), but consider the added costs of getting them there, getting o2, and the fact that the dives are mostly governed by the fastest consumption rate of those on tanks- you are typically dropped in off dinghies, and from what I understand they aren't going to sit and wait for you to do a 2 hour dive.

I know the aggressor does (or did), but consider the added costs of getting them there, getting o2, and the fact that the dives are mostly governed by the fastest consumption rate of those on tanks- you are typically dropped in off dinghies, and from what I understand they aren't going to sit and wait for you to do a 2 hour dive.
I dragged a Draeger all the way down there on my GA II trip, but it was my first post-certification diving on it and I realized after one dive that I wasn't ready for the tough conditions so I went open-circuit for the remainder of the trip. That left only one rebreather diver on the boat and he was the last one up every time, annoying the rest of us a bit since you bounce around like a rodeo bronco in the big swells waiting to pick up the other divers. One morning I got really seasick while the rest of us were all waiting to pick him up and loudly cursed him each time I had to "chum" the waters.
At the time, the GA II did provide sofnolime and pony (bailout) bottles. Even more surprising, when the trip was over, DM Richard actually broke down and sterilized the two rebreathers while the other crew was washing the passengers' scuba gear. Now that's service!

Back
Top Bottom