Galapagos Sky Liveaboard in January 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louielao

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

We're planning to add a liveaboard on the Galapagos Sky in January 2016 as part of our honeymoon trip.

Would anyone know if it's better to book our own flights and transfers from Quito to San Cristobal (Galapagos)? We are currently debating to do that or go through the recommendation of the Galapagos Sky website wherein they will book everything for us?

How's the diving in January? Would love to see the schools of Hammerheads and Mantas!

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Louie

Galapagos is awesome, but you may want to research the effects of this year's El nino event which is predicted to extend into 2016.

I have read that the warmer water temps push the sharks deeper or the move away altogether as well as having other effects on fish life, and topside wildlife too. Take care.

If you still decide to go then why not price compare what the liveaboard is quoting with booking direct with the airline? If there appears to be a mark up, go direct. I have never found value in them booking the flight for me.

We flew in to Santa Cruz from Guayaquil having booked flights separately.

Enjoy!

Hi Hutch12,

Thank you for the heads up! Sad news about the El Nino. Hoping it won't have a lasting effect.

Yes, we are also doing price comparison about the local flights.

We will be coming from New York and then will head to Quito -> Guayaquil -> Galapagos

Appreciate the help!

When I went to Galapagos with the Galapagos Sky, I allowed them to handle all bookings and they did a great job. Cost was the same and the extra service the provided was much appreciated.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for making us feel that the Galapagos Sky is a good choice. Anyway, we're still doing some more research before we dive in. We have other things planned aside from the liveaboard so we are also checking our expenses.

We're leaving for the Nortada tomorrow, if you can wait for two weeks I'll report back on it when we get home.

Back
Top Bottom