Galapagos - You gotta go !! (trip pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pictures....brought back some great memories for me. I dove two years ago on the Deep Blue....great boat and crew.

Just got back from 11 days in Galapagos and had the time of my life......Galapagos is an absolute marvel and such a wonderful place to visit.

I have two photo galleries....below the waves and above the waves. I am a point and shoot, keep it easy, so dont expect anything brilliant, but it may give forum members an idea if they are thinking of going....I hope you enjoy them. Sign my guest book if you have the time !! : )

Below the waves....

http://www.warrenssite.com/Galapagos...5437&k=zp2fVxS

Above the waves....

http://www.warrenssite.com/Galapagos...4682&k=tFkPkLX

great photos...and looked like a million times better than my Galapagos trip! Where did you see the mola mola?

Vicenta Roca Point, Isabella.....not sure I have spelt this correctly but hopefully you will know where it is.

---------- Post Merged at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:24 PM ----------

G1X? That's not a point and shoot, that's a baby SLR :) A great camera, I'd love to upgrade to it from my S90

What housing did you use? the Canon one?

Canon WP DC44, I upgraded from the S90, still find myself going back to it from time to time as I love it.

Amazing shots. Really great. Was the hammerhead shot with garden eels and sea stars at N. Seymour? (P. 2, 3rd row down, 2nd from left). Those are the best barracuda shots I've seen. Where did you get the marine iguana underwater? That's not too common on a dive liveaboard. LOVE the pelican shot. Cabo Marshal, yes? Everyone's always so focused on the incredible marine life that they almost forget the incredible land before time vistas. Mola molas, red lipped batfish and sea horse were taken at Punta Vicente Roca?

Wow, truly fantastic set of shots. I really enjoyed looking. Thank you for sharing.

Amazing shots. Really great. Was the hammerhead shot with garden eels and sea stars at N. Seymour? (P. 2, 3rd row down, 2nd from left). Those are the best barracuda shots I've seen. Where did you get the marine iguana underwater? That's not too common on a dive liveaboard. LOVE the pelican shot. Cabo Marshal, yes? Everyone's always so focused on the incredible marine life that they almost forget the incredible land before time vistas. Mola molas, red lipped batfish and sea horse were taken at Punta Vicente Roca?

Wow, truly fantastic set of shots. I really enjoyed looking. Thank you for sharing.

Glad you like the photo's, I absolutely loved the Galapagos, I was just amazed by the diversity of the place, it really is a very special place.

The Hammerheads with the garden eels were taken in Darwin, Pelican shot was Cabo Marshal, great dive too. The pelican was just in front of me as I surfaced from a safety stop....you are also correct on the location of the Mola molas etc....Punta Vicente Rosa was one of my favourite dives, the Mola molas were just incredible, three in total at a cleaning station.

The hardest dive was with the marine iguanas, only in a couple of metres of water but the swell and the waves etc made it quite difficult, but well worth it to see the Iguanas feeding and swimming underwater. Most of the Barracuda shots were taken at Cousins rock, also some at Cabo Marshal, we had a lucky 10 days I think as we managed to see everything on the list.

I have been back just over a week now and I already wish I was back in Galapagos.....wonderful place.

Did that once at Punta Espinosa on Fernandina in shallow water with ferocious swell...could barely dive it. Yes, shooting marine iguanas with a little camera. Have some other clips of it, but only 1 online: Marine Iguana Eating - YouTube

Mola mola: Mola Mola - Galapagos Ocean Sunfish - YouTube

Not great clips from a not great Canon point and shoot, but great subject matter! Where did you get the marine iguana shots?

PS...shared your sets on FB. Thanks again. My Galapagos yet is an Orca while diving. Have heard them nearby and seen them at the surface, but not while diving. Other than that, I think it has fulfilled every diving dream I could imagine.

My Iguana shots were also at
Punta Espinosa on Fernandina, like you say, shallow depth but it was really tricky to get shots.

Love the Youtube clips, especially the Mola mola
:D

Thanks for sharing my photo's around. An Orca whilst diving would really be the cherry on the cake, maybe some day !!

Ok Wossa, begs the question. You were on a liveaboard...had 10 days in Galapagos...how did you visit Fernandina?

This was our schedule;

Day 1 - San Cristobal
Day 2 -Isla Baltra (Punta Carrion)
Day 3 - Darwin
Day 4 - Darwin
Day 5 - Wolf
Day 6 - Darwin
Day 7 - Isabella - Vincenta Roca Point
Day 8 - Isla Fernandina, Punta Espanisa
Day 9 -Cape Marshall
Day 10 - Cousins Rock - then over to Santa Cruise afternoon (land visit)
Day 11 - Back to San Cristobal

Excuse any spelling errors, but I hope you get an idea of our route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom