Galilaeo Luna IrDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased the Luna and now I would like to get the IrDA for data transfer. I see Scubapro has their version (pricey) I was wonder if a less expensive IrDA is available that will work with the Luna on Windows 10
Thanks

Any ir USB dongle that is compatible with your computer should work. If you are using a windows laptop there may be one built in to your computer. My friend uses a $20 dongle he got off eBay or Amazon.

The ones that look like a silver bullet with a red end are the same as the SP unit and work fine in Win7-10. Should be able to eBay one for $20-25.

Thanks...I saw one on amazon but I will check out ebay.
P.S. this dive computer gives a heck of a lot of information!

Amazon's fine too. Depends on price, shipping, and your attitude toward those source's policies. I think I got mine from eBay but that was 3-4 years ago after my Win-XP unit failed to work with the upgrade to Win7.
If you are Win10 make sure you have one of the newer versions. The first version and for about a year after didn't support IR at all. There was a lot of howling about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom