Galileo Luna transmitter problem.......still and again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have a customer who had his Luna giving him a low battery warning on his new Luna. The transmitter was sent to the local distributor and "repaired" and returned. Worked fine for a few dives and then started with the same problem again. This time, the wrist unit and transmitter were sent in for service. The transmitter was replaced. Worked fine for a while and then the same problem. Sent in the whole unit for a third time. Transmitter was "repaired" and and the computer was returned to us. This was only a few weeks ago. Now, the owner of this computer says he has been on a couple of dives and all worked fine. He hooked up his reg to a tank today and the computer had the "low battery in transmitter" warning again. We have been told to send this unit (computer and transmitter) into the distributor for a FOURTH time. I am grateful for this customer's patience.

Why might this be happening? Is it possible the problem is with the wrist unit (receiver) and not the transmitter? Can Scubapro step in and just say to the distributor "replace the whole unit, wrist and transmitter"? Looking for a long term resolution here and not just another couple weeks of temporary fix for our customer.

Bill

ScubaPro definitely needs to step up and replace the lemon. I'm surprised that your customer has had that much patience.

Please contact your Canadian Distributor and I will send a link from here.

It's already been sent into them. Apparently this time it's gone back to California this time as opposed to being "fixed" by the distributor.

My reason for this post was mainly to emphasize the fact that this will be the fourth time the customer has had to send part of his new, very expensive, dive computer in for the same problem. To be blunt, I am hoping for more than a repair at this point. Only time will tell though.

In the end, as long as our customer feels confident to dive with this computer again, I will be happy.

I believe this has now been rectified with our Canadian Dist as a replacement. thx for helpling.

I'm a new board member posting here for the first time. I too have been having intermentent problems with my luna.
First my transmitter battery needed replaced. The dealer where I bought it said it was probably because I left my 1st stage presurized and the transmitter continually tried to send a signal. I questioned this because the computer times itself out. We replaced the battery.
On my next dive, I could not get the computer to pair with the transmitter. I had to go back to the port and go back to the dealer who ended up giving me a new transmitter. It has paired up okay but during subsequent dives I have experienced dufficulty getting a reading before the dive and have on occation lost my presure reading. Not sure of my next move. One should be able to trust a computer that cost $1,000.00.
Any advice would be apprecated.

Happy diving!
CamanoIslandGuy

i have a luna and it is a great computer but the hoseless air pressure is not the best. I have had the no pairing before a dive and the only way i could get it to pair was to delete the pairing from the wrist unit with smart tack and re-pair the two. i have also had it loose tank pressure on the dive when there is large amounts of iron near by like wrecks. i always keep a small pressure gauge on my regs just because of this. for $85 you can have a 1.5 inch spg on a double braided hose and dive safely.

I changed my own battery on the transmitter and afterwards I was having problems with lost signal so I opened the unit again. I believe the problem was the battery was not fully seated against the terminal. You have to push the battery down to make sure it's fully seated.

I also use a small SPG on a HP braided hose clipped to a D ring near the waist on the left side (opposite to the transmitter) as a backup. While I like the benefits of AI, it's the prudent thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom