Galileo Sol Increased Workload Alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I find this alarm really annoying and would like to turn it off without disabling the workload affect on the algorithm. Is there a way to do this? Will decreasing the workload sensitivity decrease the incidence or length of this alarm?

Adam

The workload can be desensitized and/or the sounds can be turned off through Smart Trak (software) or on the wrist unit.
Turning the sound off will require the 313 code.
Turning the workload off altogether, (completely desensitized), gives the computer less information to work with and the algorithm then uses the water temperature to calculate workload, which is not as accurate. I suggest you desensitize the computer in stages until the alarm goes off when you really are working.

Is there a way turn off the sound on this alarm only, without affecting other alarms.

I actually don't even like this alarm on the display displacing other info in the display.

Hatul, I understand your requests which are a bit specific and challenging to get exact answers from the manual. Let me draw some facts to help:

1) The only way to turn off the audible warning for the workload is by turning off all the alarms (requires the 313 code). Other specific warnings however, may be turned on and off individually for visual, audible or both via the menu.

2) The adaptive algorithm changes when the workload warning engages, not until. So, you could use the slider bar in the 'breathing sensitivity' menu (page 34 of SOL manual), to adjust 25 step levels of sensitivity. This will reduce the sensitivity of the alarm based on your workload increase and not change the algorithm until the alarm goes off.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I see. There are options to turn on and off visual and audio alarms for other functions but not for this. The reason this is particularly annoying is when you're doing something stressful that requires increase workload, the last thing you want is the workload alarm displacing other info on the screen, and beeping in your ear.

So I would like to ask you pass on to the programmers, to include this as a switchable alarm like other alarms in the next firmware update.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom