Galileo Sol VS Suunto D9 VS Others Which one ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would definitely go with the SOL. I recently purchased one and love it.. Previously I had the Suunto D9, and while it is a good computer watch, I found it hard to read at times. The SOL's features list is much longer as well. I sold the d9 and have absolutely no regrets.

With regards to the compass, it is accurate on the SOL even at extreme viewing angles, where it is not on the D9.

Anyone dive ICON HD yet?

I wouldn't touch the ICON HD until they are available with air integration and have some dive time behind them. Currently (unless it has already been updated), if you purchase one it does not have AI and will not work as an AI computer in the future.. You have to trade it in for the newer version when released and pay the difference.

I would definitely go with the SOL. I recently purchased one and love it.. Previously I had the Suunto D9, and while it is a good computer watch, I found it hard to read at times. The SOL's features list is much longer as well. I sold the d9 and have absolutely no regrets.

With regards to the compass, it is accurate on the SOL even at extreme viewing angles, where it is not on the D9.

The compass on the Sol is fantastic.

anyone have any thoughts on the OC1? i too am debating between a galileo luna or oceanic OC1 or even the less expensive atom 2.0

Very happy with sol now. Heart rate monitoring is a must have feature for a not so fit person like me. Sometime you over workout and feel a bit pain in your heart. this thing at least let you monitor and lessen your workload as needed. doesn't look as good as modern computer with color TFT screen but it packed with features needed for safety. That is the reason we brought our dive com isn't it. To stay safe. Extra monitoring feature = more safety factor in the equation. Make me feel like other are obsolete regardless of how they looked. As an engineer, I hate guess work.

I got some advice from my friends that dive equipment is a life support device, so don't compromise.
This is bad advice. Your computer should have little to no impact on your safety. If you like gadgets and have money to burn, knock yourself out. I bought a D9. But if you want to enhance your safety underwater, take the extra $500 you are paying over a good functional computer without all the bells and whistles and take a dive trip; get some extra diving in.

I guess all dive com are similar in a way.
Yes, more or less. Certainly from a safety perspective.

anyone have any thoughts on the OC1? i too am debating between a galileo luna or oceanic OC1 or even the less expensive atom 2.0

The OC1 is nice. I recently had a chance to dive with it, but I would most definitely purchase the Luna over an OC1.

I am looking at getting a Luna or Sol, and I have to agree the heartrate monitor is a little over the top. The thing that impressed me the most was the user friendliness of the Sol/Luna, and the large buttons. If you are like me with large fingers you will like the button on the Sol/Luna when diving with gloves on. The screen is bigger but so is the information on the screen. I have a Suunto Vyper and it gets a little annoying to navigate through the menu items, and the button are hard to push.

My vote is for the Luna, or the Sol if you like gadgets.

Back
Top Bottom