Garmin Descent MK1 - Wish List, Reliability and other MK1 related things.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My plan is to get a Teric soon and dive it for a while. Funny to say that my Perdix AI will probably become strictly a backup computer. My Atom will continue to be my pool computer and my secondary computer for NDL dives. My Seabear H3 will continue to be my secondary computer for tech dives.

If Garmin comes out with AI AND it works with my existing transmitters, I will buy one of those. A Descent Mk 2 and a Teric seems like just about the ideal computer setup for me. Otherwise I'll just keep waiting. If my Seabear dies and there is no Descent w/PPS AI, then I will probably get a 2nd Teric and consider selling my Perdix.

then I will probably get a 2nd Teric and consider selling my Perdix.

There's going to be a new shearwater box coming out <Q1'19 ... shall we bet on it this time :)

I think all the dive related stuff is great but I would like the simple stuff that is already on the Fenix 5 series on the Descen as well, particularly:-
1. all day stress score
2. advanced sleep monitoring
3. and also probably, pay wave,
I think these could easily be added in software,

Back
Top Bottom