Gary Giordano held in Aruba in missing snorkeler case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think if we do our due diligence the best we can under pressure at the time, it will be ok in almost every case. The vast majority of SCUBA/swimming/snorkelling accidents are left alone as exactly that - an accident. I believe there is a reason that only a handful of incidents are ever investigated as homicides and that is because they STAND OUT as being very different from the typical accident and the stories conflict or don't make sense.

Yeah, if he hadn't had a $1.5 million policy on her payable to him, it probably wouldn't have made news - or at least not more than it happening on Aruba. Still, I prefer to have a number of witnesses to my diving with buds, just in case.

I watched the Dateline piece as well and from what I recall, the film of him knocking on doors was not at the hotel 20 minutes away, but at the SCUBA shop 100 yards away from the beach. When he knocked on those doors no one was there - they had locked up and gone for the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom