Gas Management Seminar UTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesMottUTD

Reaction score
Unfortunately most divers still enter the water with a dive plan that consists of nothing more than, Just don't run out of air! The elementary concepts of being on the boat with 300-500 psi or even the rule of thirds are still missing essential steps. Instead divers should learn to easily start every dive knowing exactly how much gas they need in order to safely conduct the dive they are preparing for, especially for any advanced dives below 60ft of water. And it is easy to do! James Mott an instructor for Unified Team Diving will be hosting a Gas Management Seminar at Sea The World Scuba Center in Farmington Hills, MI on Friday 27MAR09, 6pm.

This logic-based seminar will cover the concepts of Boyle's Law, Surface Consumption Rate, Depth Consumption Rate, Rock Bottom, Accounting procedures, Turn Pressures, Planning for emergencies and much more. How much air will it take to get me and my buddy to the surface if we do have a problem? This seminar will present this information in an easy fashion that anyone can understand and implement immediately into their diving.

Most divers are never exposed to this simple information that should be a critical step in every dive plan. An understanding of Gas Management will develop any divers ability to become a thinking diver and prepare them for underwater achievements.

Gas Management Seminar
Friday, 27MAR09
6pm
Presented By James Mott
Sea The World Scuba Center
248-478-6400

Open to all who are interested
$25 in advance
$30 day of seminar
Space is limited!

I'm curious what " and much more" is. I've heard of several Gas Management seminars in the S. E. Michigan area from time to time, but none have convinced me that it's worth my money. Most topics you have listed above have been heavily discussed on this site and elsewhere online.

Å¢nd much more gets you the hands-on questions, answers, examples, interaction and community that is useful to many divers grasping this information. If you are comfortable with the application of Rock Bottom from your previous ScubaBoard discussions, this seminar is probably unnecessary for you.

Just wondering what kind of gas management methods you are using? You are right various groups teach similar methods but understanding details like "tank factors" and the like is not typically taught or practically studied on chat boards.

I'm curious what " and much more" is. I've heard of several Gas Management seminars in the S. E. Michigan area from time to time, but none have convinced me that it's worth my money. Most topics you have listed above have been heavily discussed on this site and elsewhere online.

I basically stick to Rock Bottom ideas. I suppose it is true that some of the math involved isn't carefully taught, but I've never really concerned myself with that as I teach college chemistry and physics, so disapointed when people find the math too hard or confusing.

Just wondering what kind of gas management methods you are using? You are right various groups teach similar methods but understanding details like "tank factors" and the like is not typically taught or practically studied on chat boards.

James is very knowledgeable & is a great teacher! and person! His style makes it easy to learn and enjoy yourself while doing so. I'd highly reccommend this class if you are interested in the subject.

Paula

Rock Bottom is a pretty simple concept; however few divers ever learn anything like it, even after many advanced classes. The mathematical calculations are basic and the science behind the numbers should be explained, but more important is being able to correlate this information into an efficient tool that can be used strictly in your head, on a boat, bouncing out to a dive site without the use of a laptop, calculator or slide rule. Rarely does reading a post on the internet give someone new to this idea the confidence to apply it in reality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom