GBR & Coast:: Advice on balancing $$ & awesomness (liveaboard?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maforema

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. So I am a relatively new diver and looking to get some awesome experience under my belt. I will be in Australia from August 4 - 20 and looking for suggestions. Money is a big factor, I am a poor grad student. I am considering a 4 day or 7 day liveaboard on Mike Ball & Spirit of Freedom. Are there any other suggestions for me to get the most diving for my $$? I don’t care about fancy meals and onboard amenities; I’ll eat cereal for each meal if it gets me more diving. I just want good rental equipment and a safe company.

I may also do just a 3/4 day liveaboard, and make some stops on the coast to do a few 1/2 day trips. But this gets pricy when renting equipment and more of a logistical pain to organize and plan.

Thoughts?

THANKS!!!

You really do get what you pay for,

Mike Ball and Spirit are the best trips and also have some good discounted trips on at the moment. If you can afford it do them. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Other than that look at Outer Reef trips. We discount them a bit, but even so there are still a lot of good trips to there.

if you have time and can afford to keep yourself in town then look to sign up as a volunteer hostie aboard some of the dive companies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom