Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great ideas! I'm getting ready to move and trying to decide where to store the gear. The house I'm renting doesn't have a garage but does have this awesome, large sunroom - which i don't want to clutter with gear - but off the sunroom is the laundry room. I'm thinking the PVC could be a good idea to rig up in there.

Very Nice. I am new to the board, and gear storage is one of the things I am interested in seeing how everyone adapts. I have been fortunate enough to have an extra bathroom to use for rinsing and drying, and an extra walk in closet to store the gear in.

ScubaDadMiami:
I live in a high rise. I converted a shower into a rinse and dry rack using PVC pipe. I can still use this as a shower when necessary.

Now that's dedication! Sweet set up!! You could cement some caps with holes drilled in them on the discharge pipes to spread the water stream out a little more. Kind of like a shower head. How long of a wash cycle do you put the eqipment on?? Sweet.

WD

willydiver:
Now that's dedication! Sweet set up!! You could cement some caps with holes drilled in them on the discharge pipes to spread the water stream out a little more. Kind of like a shower head. How long of a wash cycle do you put the eqipment on?? Sweet.

WD

Right now, I just rinse with the shower head or fill the tub up and do it that way. Then, I hang to dry everything. I will probably add a hose split attachment to the shower head sometime in the future. I still prefer to wash at the dock when possible. it is still not fun lifting my double 120s over the edge of the tub.

For rinsing, I have 2 dark colored plastic trash cans. I fill them up & let them sit, during warm months the sun heats the water. When I come home the regs get dumped for a long soak. Overnight, if we get in late. After rinsing everything the cans get dumped, rinsed & filled to start warming up for the next trip.

Works the same in the winter, but the water won't get warm here then. A lot easier than hauling it all through the house to the bathroom & back out again.

I bought a horse watering trough 4ftx2ftx2ft with a drain for soaking my gear, Plexiglas top to keep the trash out. Some pvc glued together to make a grid and filled with sand for weight keeps my stuff below the top of the water for maximum rinsing efficiency. I got tired of sand in the tub (I beach dive a lot) and rinsing outside reduced that significantly. Water does get warm in the rinse tank on summer days.

Then in the shower, a closet rod over the top to hang and store everything (never use that tub anyway)using the end of the tub enclosure on one end and a closet rod hanger on the other for support. A short piece of closet rod was placed mid tub across the shower for added support and it just sits there using the tile and tub enclosure for support. The entire assembly comes right out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom