Geeze, after only 20 years... (BCD)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait a minute, are you guys hinting that I need to upgrade my B.C.? Mine work perfectly fine thank you. :)

Q74odW.jpg

I don't understand

Now I understand great humour and a good laugh but why are you posting a picture
of two bcds the US Divers not in service with no inflator hose with probably the elbow
detached from the bladder, and the Scubapro most likely with leaks around the base
as working perfectly fine

is this irony or something

These Scubapros are over 20 yrs old, mint

full.jpg

Blue one is small

Hit up the mods, maybe they’ll create something?
Actually there's already a site that provides a user review and rating/reputation system. User Reviews & Reputation | HeatWare.com

Several other forums that I participate in use heatware to help members vet each other for buying/selling used stuff. It works pretty well. Of course using a system like paypal (or better, credit cards) does provide a fair bit of buyer protection. If I'd bought a bum bcd from someone and they wouldn't even respond to me, I'd file a dispute with paypal or my bank and force the issue.

Hit up the mods, maybe they’ll create something?

SB used to have that system in which buyers could rate sellers. Then they changed and it disappeared.

SB used to have that system in which buyers could rate sellers. Then they changed and it disappeared.

Advertising revenues may be adversely affected by allowing trouble making SB divers, that actually use the equipment, to rate products and sellers.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, now that's hilarious

Yeah those buyer reviews are great until the next guy pulls a fast one

now that's sarcasm

If I'd bought a bum bcd from someone and they wouldn't even respond to me, I'd file a dispute with paypal or my bank and force the issue.
So would I, if they had misrepresented something. It was not called "like new," it was called "unused." It actually did not appear to have been used. I lose, I was not careful enough.

So would I, if they had misrepresented something. It was not called "like new," it was called "unused." It actually did not appear to have been used. I lose, I was not careful enough.
I've not dealt with paypal as the middle man for a dispute, but I have done it through my bank. I really felt like the bank people were "in my corner" so to speak. I filled out the one page form with a few details and generally described the problem and they took it from there. They made calls to the seller to try and negotiate a return and failing that they just reversed the charges and put my money back in my account.

From my perspective, it was very painless and smooth. First time I ever felt like the bank really earned their fees, which were a flat $35 (GTE Financial Credit Union). If you've got a problem and no-one else can help. Maybe you can hire...the credit union.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom