General Questions for first timer to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed, you definitely don't need a bag. We take a small mesh bag for some of our small stuff, otherwise everything gets piled in the back of the truck and off we go! Man, I can't wait to be back diving Bonaire!

We'll be going to Bonaire for the first time in February. Just curious what we need to carry with us in the way of documentation?
Copy of passport, copy of driving license, copy of c-card? Marine Park fee receipt?

Carry? Like around the island? Heck, we simply carried our DLs (and some cash) in an Otterbox for diving. The Marine Park receipt stayed in our condo, as did our passports, and c-cards. When we were approached by the Marine Park folks, they simply asked to see our marine park tags and asked a few questions. I don't remember if they asked to see ID or not, but certainly could have.

I don't bother with my license....never been stopped and if I do, the resort is not that far. I carry a CC and a $20 bill in case, everything else is back in the room safe.

Lots of good info given, only thing I can think to add is to take wash cloths. They weren't provided at the resorts I've stayed at.

So, rather than taking your dive bag/duffle, do you just take your reg/bcd/fins/mask so that nothing is left in the truck unattended? Seems like a PITA.

No need for a bag..all your stuff just goes in the back of a truck. All I need beyond that are some flip flops, some wet money and some cheap sunglasses. It's not a PITA at all..at least for me..you get used to it rather quickly.

---------- Post added January 15th, 2013 at 06:38 AM ----------

I just make a photocopy of my DL and put it in the glovebox.

So, rather than taking your dive bag/duffle, do you just take your reg/bcd/fins/mask so that nothing is left in the truck unattended? Seems like a PITA.

I've been using the same old worn mesh bag for 9 trips to Bonaire. I just leave it in the back of the truck.

I think the ID and park fee receipt are just to get into Slaagbai. I was wondering if a copy of the drivers license was ok but I forgot to ask when we were there. By the way, we are just snorkelers and just paid for the snorkel pass so we had to pay an extra $15 each to enter Slaagbai.

Well since this topic is hopping are there any other places that you might recommend to stay on the island, kinda looking for a middle of the road that we can walk to town for meals, drinks, etc. we like to venture outside of the place we stay quite a bit??

Any help would be appreciated.
azdive

No real reason to get within walking distance of down. You will want/need a vehicle to get to the dive sites anyway so it's not like you will have to rent a car or take a taxi. That said, Divi is about the closest to town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom